Spartans public performance

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've reading talk about the Spartans "new look." Did they get new uniforms?

I think it means the corps has a new personality.

With almost a completely new staff, that sorta thing would happen.

The spartans this year are a very young corps with alot of new faces. Im sure they will do very for what they have. I dont beleive we will see the spartans we know of now for a while. Its certainly rebuilding years to say the least. No matter what happens we should all be out there trying to help them how ever we can.

I guess I haven't followed the Spartans very closely this past off season. Did they age out a lot of members last year or something?

There was some internal disagreements within the corps which caused a mass staff exodus. Many of the kids decided to follow with the staff to other corps. If anybody would like more information look up one of the old threads, or please pm me.

The spartans this year are a very young corps with alot of new faces. Im sure they will do very for what they have. I dont beleive we will see the spartans we know of now for a while. Its certainly rebuilding years to say the least. No matter what happens we should all be out there trying to help them how ever we can.

I think anyone who has tried to help spartans out and had to deal with the administration will have to agree that its to hard. But i guess this shouldn't effect the students.

Edited by ilikedrumcorps

I think we all need to give the Spartans the benefit of the doubt and not be quick to judge or even judge them at all. Obviously, things have changed there and people need to step back and let the Corps settle in with the new regime and see what happens. I personally think they'll be okay. May take a while as they rebuild but lets see what happens.

Although I marched in a different corps, I always admired the Spartans. Having been present at last year's finals, I completely agree with their victory. However, I know some people are secretly smirking at their tough times due to all of the conversation/controvery last year. Regardless of this, let's make sure we are respectful to every corps. Sometimes things may be easily misconstrued to be negative when they are not meant that way. Therefore, I encourage everyone (including myself) to preview before posting. Thanks! Good luck to all of the open class corps this year!

I have been watching all of these threads that talk bad about Spartans for quite awhile. This one made me actually register just so I could respond. It has become abundantly clear that there are many, many people who find the Spartans administration tough to deal with. It really saddens me to see that the focus has been taken away from what really matters; the kids. No matter how many members the corps fields, and no matter what the experience/talent level is, the kids deserve the respect that they deserve. Even if the corps put out a 15 member group whose average age is 12, the members should get the same round of applause for putting forward their best effort. Even if the adminstration is as screwed up as all of you posters suggest, can we just get off it already and suport the kids?

And, I really don't care if anyone wants to point out spelling or grammar mistakes. No need to bother trying to insult me because I am putting my two cents after only signing up a couple of days ago, as I have seen in the past. I am not here to get into a pi***ng contest.