Spartans public performance

Hope the Spartans take this opportunity to grow this year and be back at the top of Open Class next year. Either way, it is just good to see them on the field this summer.

Errraaaa...

While I agree with you that, overall, "it is just good to see them on the field this summer"...wasn't this corps granted World Class membership for next year?

Scary thought.

OK, I'm gonna watch Manny and Youk duke it out some more.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are still in the reviewing process i beleive. I may be wrong so dont quote me, but they are trying to be world class.

they were granted World Class status and chose not to move up yet. This is similar to what Jersey Surf did for this year. They were granted but chose to stay Open Class.

The concern I have for the Spartans is that although they have bucked the trend before (getting smaller and then growing again), it is harder and harder on an organization each time they have to go through this.

It's like a basketball team that falls 15 points down and then claws back to within two. But, the effort it takes to accomplish this takes its toll and if the other team makes another run...the team seldom comes back because they just don't have the stamina to make another run.

I hope they have a good year and get back to a stronger recruiting status.

Errraaaa...

While I agree with you that, overall, "it is just good to see them on the field this summer"...wasn't this corps granted World Class membership for next year?

Scary thought.

OK, I'm gonna watch Manny and Youk duke it out some more.

They were granted the option for World Class status providing that they pass the DCI evaluations and want to continue with move to world class. With a corps of only 30 performers this summer - would they want to move up to world class next year? would DCI let them?

They were granted the option for World Class status providing that they pass the DCI evaluations and want to continue with move to world class. With a corps of only 30 performers this summer - would they want to move up to world class next year? would DCI let them?

100% positive...neither side would benefit from Spartans being World Class until their membership numbers are more stable above 120+.

100% positive...neither side would benefit from Spartans being World Class until their membership numbers are more stable above 120+.

Very true.

In the Spartan alumni letter it is mentioned that this year and next year will be spent preparing for the move up to world class in 2010.

They need more kids and support staff.

Just found this picture online from the Dorchester Day Parade a few weeks ago. Anyone know why Spartans went with the uniform adjustment? Not really enough to call it a change, but it sure is different. I'm not sure if I'm really a fan of the sash; I loved their uniform as it was.

spartans.jpg

Edited by ArgonneRebel

They look young.