Spartans public performance

So, how did the Spartan's sound?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how did the Spartan's sound?

I saw a post earlier this week about a Spartans concert performance at Greenley Park in Nashua which was scheduled for yesterday. Were any of you folks from back east there to hear them? With as many championships under their cummerbunds as they have, I'm sure that even a smaller Spartan corps will be a solid Spartan corps.

Well for those of us who know our Div 2/3 history know that Spartans has never been a extremely big corps. 2000 - mid60 for membership, same in 01 with 24 horns 12 guard, 03 - 36 horns 20 guard. 04-07 they marched 40-50 horns and about 20ish guard. Shouldn't be a problem. They had power just a few years ago with smaller numbers. They should be fine, and if it's not the spartans we all know, OH WELL. things change. Heart still there.

Well for those of us who know our Div 2/3 history know that Spartans has never been a extremely big corps. 2000 - mid60 for membership, same in 01 with 24 horns 12 guard, 03 - 36 horns 20 guard. 04-07 they marched 40-50 horns and about 20ish guard. Shouldn't be a problem. They had power just a few years ago with smaller numbers. They should be fine, and if it's not the spartans we all know, OH WELL. things change. Heart still there.

From what I have heard - Spartans are much smaller than they have ever been. 10 - 15 brass, a handful of percussion, a few guard. To go from 90 members down to 30 is a big jump. Hope the Spartans take this opportunity to grow this year and be back at the top of Open Class next year. Either way, it is just good to see them on the field this summer.