:thumbup:

Valdaree Valdarah! :thumbup:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that was "SNORKY".

na, na, na....nananana.

Fleagle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky! I'm a card carrying member of the Bananna Splits Club!

(Gawd...I'm showing my age!)

In an earlier post, Bossop said:

"As for the oldest or earliest established alumni corps, the Majestic Knights of Charlestown, MA had a "reunion" corps in 1975. They learned a number of "MK" tunes and marched over the hill in Charlestown. In fact, they were recorded and it brings back memories."

That's It!!!! We'll call ourselves the "Over the Hill Corps" rather than Alumni Corps!

Not only would this honor the early reunion of the Majestic Knights, but it would also adequately reference the advancing age of the majority of we who are members well 'over the hill' in age!

Brilliant!! LOL!

Snarky.....wasn't he that shaggy pink elephant-thing on the Banana Splits?
I believe that was "SNORKY".

na, na, na....nananana.

Fleagle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky! I'm a card carrying member of the Bananna Splits Club!

Best show on TV... you guys rock for knowing that!

bananasplits_02.jpg

Yeah and I'm older.... :big hug: Last night I started thinking of that show and couldn't remember the one character was supposed to be a dog. :doh: Will have to google or imdb.com to re-remember as I want to think Paul (Dick Dasterly) Winchells voice was in there somewhere. And can't remember the 'toons they showed.... :doh:

And that friggin' song has been in my head all yesterday. :tongue:

Edit: Wow, just checked imdb.com... Voice of the Splits is like a whos who for us "more mature" 'toon heads. Paul Winchell, Daw Butler (Yogi Bear, etc), Don Messick (Scooby Doo, etc, etc), and Allan Melvin (bunch of sitcoms, butcher on Brady Bunch). Other voices :tongue: Paul Frees (voice over guy), Jonathan Smith (Lost in Space), Sharri Lewis and ol' Dennis the Menice hisself Jay North. Man having a flashback...

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

If your alumni corps does a lot of parades, don't you kind of covet one of those trailers, with the risers, that the Shriners bands ride on and play from during parades?

THAT'S when you know you're old. :big hug:

Forget which Zembo (Harrisburg, PA) group it is but one uses a school bus with the windows cut out. Talked to one of the guys at a parade and he seemed awful proud of all the cooler space. Also had electrical work done so they can have fans on the floor blowing cool air on the guys. :tongue:

I wanna be with the Zembo Chanters. Sit on your butt and use a small handheld megaphone to sing. :tongue:

LOL, just remembered talking to an an older corps member (won't say which corps) as one of those trailers with the seats went by at a parade. Guy (who is in his 70s) looked and said "Gee... just sit, play and don't even break a sweat" Then he looked at me with a smirk and said (rhymes with "Wussies"). :doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Forget which Zembo (Harrisburg, PA) group it is but one uses a school bus with the windows cut out. Talked to one of the guys at a parade and he seemed awful proud of all the cooler space. Also had electrical work done so they can have fans on the floor blowing cool air on the guys. :big hug:

I wanna be with the Zembo Chanters. Sit on your butt and use a small handheld megaphone to sing. :tongue:

LOL, just remembered talking to an an older corps member (won't say which corps) as one of those trailers with the seats went by at a parade. Guy (who is in his 70s) looked and said "Gee... just sit, play and don't even break a sweat" Then he looked at me with a smirk and said (rhymes with "Wussies"). :tongue:

Better yet...

I used to play trumpet with a small 4-6 piece polka band. It was a lot of fun! The music was interesting, and rather challenging, and the food was delicious!!! And of course there were always lots of pretty women! :-)

Every year, we played at the Pulaski Day Parade in New York City. The first year, we played on a flatbed trailer. UGH! That was very annoying because the guy driving couldn't drive smoothly! (But still better than marching!)

But, for the next 5 or 6 years, we stood across the street from the reviewing stand, and played for all of the marching groups that didn't have any music! The entire parade lasted only about 2 1/2 hrs.

Best "parade" gig that I ever had, and the best part was that we each got paid $350.00!!! ;-)

Come to think of it...

I really MISS that gig!!!!!! :-(

Well, I'm sure enjoying reading this discussion, despite a few sidetracks. In reading my morning newspaper I came across a term (in a similar context) that probably WOULD make sense in place of the "alumni" word and the restrictions it could suggest to potential members.

Maybe my group would be better served as:

Buccaneer Tribute Corps

:big hug: