Shostakovich, Fourth Ballet Suite

This is the introduction to Phantom 1996. Does anyone have the original score to the Shostakovich piece. I have a recording, could someone please help me out?

Please reply on here, or e-mail me at elmhurstmusiced@yahoo.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your local college probably has a music library inside of the main library, and more than likely has a score that you can check out. From the looks of your user name, you are a Music Ed. student, so I would go check that out of your college library. It may be in the form of a study score, or it might be a full sized bound score.

This is the introduction to Phantom 1996. Does anyone have the original score to the Shostakovich piece. I have a recording, could someone please help me out?

The opening of the 1996 show is from The Limpid Stream. The Critical Edition version of the Full Score can be found here:

http://www.music44.com/X/product/50486809-H

It's pricey! Note that the Piano score is linked on that page too...not as pricey.

Also, for further enlightenment RE: Ballet Suites of DSCH (includes audio of the piece you're shootin for)

http://www.naxosdirect.com/title/8.557208

Looks like the original score Phantom got w/ this in 1996 was a 69.1 Jun 15th in Toledo (3rd place after Cavvies and Madison).

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Yeah...I was looking for sheet music, otherwise I would have gone to one of the sites that has historical scores.

Really? Are you really asking that. A conductor score is usually thought of as the parts that the instrumentalists or vocalists all in one book type format so that the conductor can see what each instrument is playing. In the drum corps world, they are used for design and rehearsal purposes, in most other ensembles it is used in rehearsal and performance.

I am not sure where I implied that I was looking for a performance score, but I apologize if I did. If the confusion continues though, maybe re-read the original post, and if we're not sure about what is being asked, lets not respond. Just a thought.