The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Looking at the horns the baritone line is playing, they are either those euphoniums which look like they are horribly front weighted, or those baby baritones.

Out of the 21 guys there yesterday, there were 4 euphs, and the rest are baritones.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thank you! I think Nathan might be third from the right in this one, but it's hard to tell. I'll send all of these on to his parents. Thanks so much! :smile:

Byline, Are you talking about Nat Clark ? If so he is the 3rd. guy from the right. I know his dad Mike as well. His good friend is the guy standing beside my son in the Steelers cap.

I'm from the hottest town you ever marched in and was in the stands the night you were here. :smile::smile::smile:

Bill

Edited by Bill L.

Looking at the horns the baritone line is playing, they are either those euphoniums which look like they are horribly front weighted, or those baby baritones.

They are marching 9/9/6. 18 baris and 6 euphs. The line is full, they have some out for school. 12 Tubas,12 Mellos,and a bunch of trumpets. Everybody will be there after today.

Bill

Edited by Bill L.

doe anybody know if jorge (YOYO) sanchez is marching this year at scouts . i marched with him last year and the last i heard he was going to march scouts this year . he plays baritone

Hey guys, I've not been following the Scouts this offseason, but the FREE video on Fan Network posted today is 5 minutes worth of pretty much all show music. HOT stuff.....I'm pretty excited about this years Scouts.

My significant other and I attended Friday Nights practice. First thing I noticed right off the bat was how much better they are than they were this time last year. I noticed TONS of cool drill moves, and some incredible music. I dont know how many times I told my girl "I love there music" but it was a lot. Very cool trumpet solo that is followed by the entire line playing some GREAT stuff. Neat bari feature and lots more. The thing the stood out the most for me was how much better they were playing than this time last year. The drill is definetly challenging and saw a bunch of mistakes, particularly in the Bari and Tuba lines. Drumline is VERY powerful and were told to tone it down on more than one occasion. At nights end, they did a run through and I stood under the scissors lift to take it all in. I smiled all the way home. Scouts are looking very promissing in my estimation.