The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... quite harsh...

I assume you recognize all of the melodies from other corps as well... [sarcasm] What was that tune I was humming to the Cavies looooong discordant notes? [/sarcasm] No offense to the Cavies, but I didn't hear any pop tunes in their show either.

Let's just say that you're not a fan, and leave it at that.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but this is after all the MADISON SCOUTS thread, where those of us who are fans, friends, family or alums gather to support our favorite corps.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Ok.... got it. This thread is for Madison Scouts fans to " support " the Corps.

I HAVE been a fan of the Madison Scouts. One of my favorite Corps ever. Just not this year. But if this thread is for the pom pom wavers, and not for some blunt criticism by objective outsiders, then that's fine too.

Madison Scouts " fans " can have this thread and exclude " outsiders." No Problem.

Have fun...... good luck to the Corps...... Goodbye.

Edited by BRASSO

The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread, from everydays to finals...let's get it on!!

It doesn't say it's only for supporting discussions, mom.

I noticed that you have 240 posts in ONE MONTH since you joined DCP!!! It is probably a good time to take a break. :thumbup:

Vic Russell

And this thread has HOW MANY pages saying virtually the same thing 240 ways to Sunday ?

And you want OTHERS to take a break ?

Hey, you got it my friend.

And you guys can stay as isolated as you want in your little world here on this thread.

No problem, Amigo.

See Ya!

Edited by BRASSO

And you guys can stay as isolated as you want in your little world here on this thread.

Ah, yes... the "I'll take my toys and go home" response...

Let's face it... the show design is what it is, like it or not, and there's only so much they can do at this point in the season to allow people to armchair quarterback it into something different.

The guys on the field are doing the best they can with the experience, show design, training and time that they have available, and they deserve our support.

Trying to shred the show on DCP isn't going to help it magically transform into some pop music or other fantasy show, unless you're planning on saying "Bippity Boppity Boo!" and waving a magic wand?

IMHO, this show will clean up quite a bit in the coming weeks. It's pretty clear that the two new guard guys are still struggling to get all the moves down on short notice, and the rest of the corps is still getting comfortable with the new drill as well.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Edited by Linda Slocum

Ah, yes... the "I'll take my toys and go home" response...

Let's face it... the show design is what it is, like it or not, and there's only so much they can do at this point in the season to allow people to armchair quarterback it into something different.

The guys on the field are doing the best they can with the experience, show design, training and time that they have available, and they deserve our support.

Trying to shred the show on DCP isn't going to help it magically transform into some pop music or other fantasy show, unless you're planning on saying "Bippity Boppity Boo!" and waving a magic wand?

IMHO, this show will clean up quite a bit in the coming weeks. It's pretty clear that the two new guard guys are still struggling to get all the moves down on short notice, and the rest of the corps is still getting comfortable with the new drill as well.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

I love the clarity with which you see things Linda.

DCP is fun place to come and talk with other people who like to talk Drum Corps. Certainly some have different opinions about it all, and that's OK, of course. But had a forum existed like this when I was in I'm pretty sure discussion in and of itself would have been a lot different than some of the slams, Monday morning quarterbacking, over-thinking, "This means That" posts we "hear" (read) here now days.

It always has to be about the kids carrying the torch in whichever corps first and foremost... and dogging them or their staff in an on line forum with a month to go in competition does NOTHING to keep the focus on how much they can improve in that time. "ANYTHING is possible" certainly starts to be whittled away as each week passes, but "so much is STILL possible" should now be the focus.

As a "case in point" ... I give you the 2007 Madison Scouts, who ALL agreed made a great run for it in their final two weeks and came up a just a little short. Let's put THAT focus on our still young and exciting Madison Scouts corps ... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think I've heard enough of this " lesser known music " the Scouts are playing this year, thank you very much.

There is, afterall, a very valid reason why this music is considered obscure and " lesser known " by the world at large.

Really. So I take that to mean that Cavies music is already completely familiar to you?

I assume you recognize all of the melodies from other corps as well... [sarcasm] What was that tune I was humming to the Cavies looooong discordant notes? [/sarcasm] No offense to the Cavies, but I didn't hear any pop tunes in their show either.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Linda, I agree. Again, I don't want to be seen as "bashing" another corp, but what was the song that I heard the Cadets playing between narrations? Or that tune I couldn't get out of my head from SCV? The thematic content doesn't seem to be what is holding back those two corps. I asked it before. What do the people want, a montage to Bill Joel? Besides, what could the Scouts do here? Rewrite the entire show? I didn't think this was a thread to dissect the music of each of the shows. Perhaps someone should start such a thread. You'll have to forgive us parents of Scouts members who are admittedly biased towards our men, but you don't have to assume that we know nothing about music and marching. I, for one, marched in one group or another for 16 years before I hung up my shoes. So, you have to forgive us if we support our guys and happen to like the music. Is it the music that will win 1st for the Scouts, even if performed perfectly? Probably not. But, again, forgive us if we want to hope for (and cheer for) a top 12 finish. "Nuff said.

Wow..Dan. I'm almost as young as you.

21 in 1978 for me. Dinosaur!