The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Prosperie didn't like what her heard.

Jeff Prosperie should be ashamed of himself & embarrased for not knowing what the heck he is doing. Percussion judge #1 scores a 15.8...and Prosperie scores a 14.7 No other corp had a spread in percussion like this. Prosperies 14.7 put the Scouts in 11th place out of 12. Prosperies score is what kept the Scouts out of the night show tonight.

I hope Spanos & the Scouts drum staff leave San Antonio with a piece of Prosperies ###.

It just goes to show you that just because a person was a good player doesn't mean he'll make a good judge.

Sitting around analyzing scores, #####ing about this judge or that judge, how the corps is getting sooooo much better over the past week and really deserves that 12th spot etc etc etc. Instead of saying maybe we just got beat by a better corps. Or is this a conspiracy against the Madison Scouts? Once again, not trying to start any crap. Just sayin...

DID they get beat by a better corps? You personally have THAT much faith in judging to say that huge difference in drum judge scoring doesn't maybe call for a little discussion or conversation? YOU have a lot of faith in a not-so-perfect judging system. Like or not, "analyzing" is going to happen here so you might as well try not to let that aspect of a public forum bother you so much... because obviously it does.

I don't recall seeing the word "conspiracy" in any of the last several posts you refer to.

And FWIW, I'm also saying if I was Trooper, Crossmen or Pioneers I might be looking hard at judging as well... but this is a Madison Scouts thread.

I'm not trying to start any crap... just sayin'.

Edited by GGarrett

Jeff Prosperie should be ashamed of himself & embarrased for not knowing what the heck he is doing. Percussion judge #1 scores a 15.8...and Prosperie scores a 14.7 No other corp had a spread in percussion like this. Prosperies 14.7 put the Scouts in 11th place out of 12. Prosperies score is what kept the Scouts out of the night show tonight.

I hope Spanos & the Scouts drum staff leave San Antonio with a piece of Prosperies ###.

It just goes to show you that just because a person was a good player doesn't mean he'll make a good judge.

AMEN!!!

I agree with you 110%

Jeff Prosperie
aged out in 1988.

That should tell us something...

Do you think the difference between percussion#1 and percussion#2 had to do with what was being sampled? I mean, was one judge looking at the battery while the other was looking at the pit? The spread between the two is hard to swallow, even if that was the case, but could that be part of the explanation?

I'm in the stands as SA, and Xmen definitely did not have a clean show, neither this afternoon or tonight... guard was especially sloppy. Hard to say on scoring, but I doubt Madison's placement before intermission helped.

Bloo is on now... liked them better when the mic didn't work.

Scouts are making great strides, so 13th is just temporary imho. Judges aren't just seeing negatives.

LOL

Go Scouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we're sitting around analyzing scores, while you're sitting around starting crap.

I just watched the Show and I likey.

Go Scouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID they get beat by a better corps? You personally have THAT much faith in judging to say that huge difference in drum judge scoring doesn't maybe call for a little discussion or conversation? YOU have a lot of faith in a not-so-perfect judging system. Like or not, "analyzing" is going to happen here so you might as well try not to let that aspect of a public forum bother you so much... because obviously it does.

I don't recall seeing the word "conspiracy" in any of the last several posts you refer to.

And FWIW, I'm also saying if I was Trooper, Crossmen or Pioneers I might be looking hard at judging as well... but this is a Madison Scouts thread.

I'm not trying to start any crap... just sayin'.

And...FWIW...the Scouts will pass by the Crossmen by finals week. Scouts...regardless of all the judge garbage, conspiracy garbage, slotting garbage...will be ok by August. Scouts still have a lot of room to improve...and I feel the Crossmen will max out soon. Sorry...I like the Crossmen...just not near the level of the Scouts...at least from a drill perspective and overall package value.