The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Someone's got an iPhone. :tongue: Tell the guys we like what they are doing and keep doing whatever it is!

I wish haha. I actually have a laptop with a cell phone tether. It's pretty handy for those long bus rides (like our eight hours tonight from Columbus, OH, to Allentown)

And I definitely will! We love doing what we do! :smile:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can speak for a good bit of the corps in saying that we're all really excited to see how this weekend goes in Allentown. We've been working hard, and will be for the next eleven days :tongue: The energy amongst the corps's been especially great the past few days, and I'm sure it'll continue all the way through the end!

Thanks to all on here that have offered support in any way! We appreciate all of it!

MYNWA

KA 76,

The live report from the field tonight was that this individual who was doing the live play-by-play thought you guys must have "just" made changes again to the closer. He reported hearing some errors coming from the trumpets and that this part of the closer did not seem to be preformed up to capacity yet due to its newness. Was his a true statement? Are there more changes coming? Or, is it clean, clean, clean time?

It sounds like you guys are really starting to get your performance legs under you. I trust you guys are having the time of your life's!

Stay strong and max it out!

Sincerely,

MYNWA

What you guys have turned this show into is nothing short of amazing!

I havent been able to see the scouts live since 2004 and I finally have a chance to go to Allentown this Friday!

I know they're going to tear it up!

lol its been kind of like band withdrawl this last year and I need my fix that fan network just can't provide!

I wish haha. I actually have a laptop with a cell phone tether. It's pretty handy for those long bus rides (like our eight hours tonight from Columbus, OH, to Allentown)

And I definitely will! We love doing what we do! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS!

I was able to see both Centerville and Columbus shows as well as the rehearsals before both shows. By far last night was the best run of them all! I honestly have not had that much fun watching a drum corps show since I saw the Scouts on Finals night in 1999. As far as it goes for marching with the Scouts, NightBeat 2001 was incredible, but for me getting to sit in the stands and watch them perform last night, it seemed unreal.

It could be from where I was sitting, but many of the errors they previously had didn't happen last night. What might have been mentioned in the closer could be true, but I didn't notice anything like that. There are, however, plenty of little things that happen or stick out that still needs to be addressed. This is actually a good thing. They still have room to grow for this last week. Even with those minor instances, everyone still was able to completely enjoy the show. The entire stadium knew they had just seen the best performance to this date from the Madison Scouts. It was pretty spectacular. Now there are just a few more days to practice and lock down the repetition so this incredibly difficult show comes off with perfection.

We have a good reason to be proud for the 2008 Madison Scouts. Like I said yesterday, if you still have any chance of seeing the show, DO IT! Then, stop by the souvie booth and drop some bills in the gas tank.

The confidence of this corps begins to swell upon arriving to the stadium. You can feel it, and it makes you live for performances like last night. This is going to be a thrilling last week!

Just talked with brother Mike who's on tour as a volunteer. From what he told me, "the corps is hitting on all cylinders." He said, the bigget challenge for the kids is simply picking a spot to breathe, because so much is happening in the show. The last comment I recall him saying is that the drum solo rocks, and the kids are flying all over the field.

They've arrived in PA (I'll butcher the name of the city) after a nine hour drive.

C'mon, guys, max it out!! Can't wait to see you next week.

Just talked with brother Mike who's on tour as a volunteer. From what he told me, "the corps is hitting on all cylinders." He said, the bigget challenge for the kids is simply picking a spot to breathe, because so much is happening in the show. The last comment I recall him saying is that the drum solo rocks, and the kids are flying all over the field.

They've arrived in PA (I'll butcher the name of the city) after a nine hour drive.

C'mon, guys, max it out!! Can't wait to see you next week.

Jim ... the peanut butter lunch for a week story from zentropa was just too much for me... see my donation.

My mortgage will be late, and gas will be thin this week in my car... but how could I not be moved by zen's story?

Send me my dang sticker, but more importantly...

GO SCOUTS!! You guys are making this alum very proud!!

Jim ... the peanut butter lunch for a week story from zentropa was just too much for me... see my donation.

My mortgage will be late, and gas will be thin this week in my car... but how could I not be moved by zen's story?

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Give that man a jelly burger and make it extra crunchy!!!

On that note, it's just about lunch time, time to break out the supplies.

The confidence of this corps begins to swell upon arriving to the stadium. You can feel it, and it makes you live for performances like last night. This is going to be a thrilling last week!

How many alumni just read that and remembered that feeling coming off the bus at a stadium and just knowing you're going to blow some peoples mind in a few minutes. Keep it going guys - we're all proud as he!!.

I'm sure Chris K. is monitoring those donations. That's the off-the-field battle we have to win, both for this year's corps and the 2009 Scouts!