The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

After the massive rains stopped late yesterday afternoon the corps did have their concert for the people of Baraboo. After hearing the news that people there were trying to get ready for more flooding the guys pitched in . They helped sandbag till they ran out of sand and/or bags about 1:00 am.

"They are the MEN OF MADISON !" You make me PROUD guy's !

Bill

MYNWA

These guys make me proud to be a Madison Scout.

The people of Baraboo now know what "never walk alone" means!

Edited by bass5

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe it was green pants and black coats, i'm really not sure but that's the color scheme, i do think white pants look good, but they don't do much for the visual scores ala phantom regiment. hard to clean in white pants. best of luck to the men of madison! (just bought tickets to rockford and i'm super pumped!)

or maybe it was green pants and black coats, i'm really not sure but that's the color scheme

No - it's green jacket, black pants. For sure.

TubasBlog.jpg

Found this photo on the Photo a Day blog with the caption: "The Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps, a group of multi-talented and largely shirtless young men, is camped out in town preparing for their nationwide tour. Can we say mellophone? (I think.)"

I'm not sure when the photo was taken, but is was posted today.

I was hoping they would go back to white pants.

Ive seen the drawings as well. With white pants they would look very much like a previous uniform.

"Mellophone?" :smile:

Great picture and mention for the guys, though... there is no bad press... :smile:

And great job to the guys for assisting with sandbagging the flooding town... clearly some things in real life are just far more important than anything else.

No - it's green jacket, black pants. For sure.

Oh well...I'll be sure to reserve my judgement until I actually see it. Can't wait!!!

It's the new bass mellophone. :smile:

I was gonna say... that must make a heck of a sound with such a small mouthpiece those "mellophoni-ists" (can you tell I'm a drummer?) use...

More like: "Can we say big ### horn?"

Edited by GGarrett