The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

You take one away from one corps and give one to the Scouts. The numbers are on the left side. Example, the post before yours has

17 CORPS A

15 CORPS B

27 CORPS C

30 Madison Scouts

You change it to say

17 CORPS A

14 CORPS B -

27 CORPS C

31 Madison Scouts +

You took one away from corps B and added one to the Scouts. The next person plays off your numbers. When a corps reaches 0 - they are out.

Gottcha,

Thanks much.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke with Paul L. in the suvie trailer. He said the guy's kicked it up 3 or 4 notch's tonight !!!!! He was down right giddy ! If you know Paul thats saying something !!!!!!!!!

GO SCOUTS GO !!!

Bill

Sorry I'm so late posting this, but I just got back from Buffalo this afternoon. Anyway, here's a link to my photos (plenty of Madison shots): Buffalo pix

Thoughts tomorrow, as I'm finally feeling tired. But loved the Scouts' show! (And yes, I spent a small fortune at the souvvie stand!)

GO SCOUTS!

Lincoln HS

1545 S Hart Street Rd.

Vincennes, IN 47591

This is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours out of either Bloomington or Indy. I'm changing my hotel reservations so I'll be in Vincennes until the 7th, and then in Bloomington. No sense in a 5-hour round trip each day.

That's my alma mater (except that the original building was in a different location)!

Thanks for the great pix, Sue!!!

You're most welcome! My batteries started running low, and then I was running out of room on both memory cards, so I'm glad I was able to get what I got. Wish the focus was better on several of them. I had the anti-shake turned on, so I must've hit the button before the camera was fully ready. Oh, well.

Got back from Toledo: quick thoughts-

-Scouts were definitely one of the loudest of the night.

-That mello soli in the opener hasn't been perfect all season, but it was the best I've heard it thus far.

-Sop solo in 2nd tune was the best I've heard all season.

-Sops were ridiculous at the end of the 2nd tune. I couldn't tell if they were as good during the Ending feature though(opposite side of field where my seats were).

- The piano/soft part of the growing final chord was VERY out of tune to start with, that caught my ear off guard.

-My gut had them placed a little closer to Colts, but that shows what I know in terms of judging a whole product :thumbup:

also

- Scouts are the new kings of fancy-footwork(taken away from BK). They do so much of it during the show that it is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the more potent reasons we are beating many of the corps below us.

- We were actually borderline Semi-finals at the beginning of the season, and now we are borderline Finalists. That is something incredible to be proud of.

Got back from Toledo: quick thoughts-

-Scouts were definitely one of the loudest of the night.

-That mello soli in the opener hasn't been perfect all season, but it was the best I've heard it thus far.

-Sop solo in 2nd tune was the best I've heard all season.

-Sops were ridiculous at the end of the 2nd tune. I couldn't tell if they were as good during the Ending feature though(opposite side of field where my seats were).

- The piano/soft part of the growing final chord was VERY out of tune to start with, that caught my ear off guard.

-My gut had them placed a little closer to Colts, but that shows what I know in terms of judging a whole product :worthy:

also

- Scouts are the new kings of fancy-footwork(taken away from BK). They do so much of it during the show that it is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the more potent reasons we are beating many of the corps below us.

- We were actually borderline Semi-finals at the beginning of the season, and now we are borderline Finalists. That is something incredible to be proud of.

I think we may have been sitting pretty close.

I agree with your assessment of last night's performance. I will say, the show didn't have the energy that the run-through had, but the individual errors were down and that sop solo was very nice! The guard was absolutely killing it in practice, but there were a few problems I saw last night. The good thing is that those can be fixed instantly and it may help with the differences in fractions of points. The footwork is incredible and that is why I really think to see this show in person is so much more impressive than on the Fan Network, even though that has been a great commodity this season.

After the show I got to watch the cymbal line practice their I&E performance. It should be pretty good. They have some neat ideas and I know people will enjoy the work.

I also got a call this morning. The corps arrived about four hours later than expected. The drum bus broke down I believe two times. One time it kept them in a Meijer parking lot only a few miles from my home in Dayton. They made it to the site, however, and hopefully after some rest they can get back to work. They are certainly in the game, so now all they can do is work hard and give it their best.