The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed reading this thread during the past Drum Corps season. True, a few trolls would stop by from time to time, but they quickly learned this was not the place for them. I am going to miss regularly checking this thread for Scouts talk. I hope this thread is reinstituted next season. Thanks to all of the alum/fans/parents who posted comments here. I hope we don't forget about the need to keep the Scouts financially sound during the off season!

Vic Russell

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed reading this thread during the past Drum Corps season. True, a few trolls would stop by from time to time, but they quickly learned this was not the place for them. I am going to miss regularly checking this thread for Scouts talk. I hope this thread is reinstituted next season. Thanks to all of the alum/fans/parents who posted comments here. I hope we don't forget about the need to keep the Scouts financially sound during the off season!

Vic Russell

troll? did someone say troll?

My comment did not refer to you, Tom. There is a difference between peope who have a long history of Scouts bashing (MD and Tex come to mind), and someone who offers constructive commentary!

Vic Russell

Awww... and I was going to hit him up for an extra JOIN THE CORPS contribution for his seemingly self-appointed role as Troll Master...

Awww... and I was going to hit him up for an extra JOIN THE CORPS contribution for his seemingly self-appointed role as Troll Master...

Tell you what Linda.

I've checked the Join the Corps site and here's what I saw. 148 alumni giving so far...goal is 250.

Here's my challenge...Madison alums out there....help the corps...Madison needs 152 more alums to hit 300 dues payers.

I'll match all 152 of them $1 a head if the number is 300 by Thanksgiving camp. $152 more out of my pocket if you all just do your part for the corps. Heck, I'll even get my kid to pay his...if he hasn't already.

Scouts up for a challenge????

Tell you what Linda.

I've checked the Join the Corps site and here's what I saw. 148 alumni giving so far...goal is 250.

Here's my challenge...Madison alums out there....help the corps...Madison needs 152 more alums to hit 300 dues payers.

I'll match all 152 of them $1 a head if the number is 300 by Thanksgiving camp. $152 more out of my pocket if you all just do your part for the corps. Heck, I'll even get my kid to pay his...if he hasn't already.

Scouts up for a challenge????

I certainly applaud your efforts and your challenge to the Scouts Alumni. I thought I'd point out that the Scouts fiscal year ends on Oct. 31st and that is when the $100,000.00 Join the Corps fund raiser actually ends. Then they start all over again on Nov. 1st for 2009.

I thought it might be a mathematical nightmare for you to keep it all straight if your challenge goes until Thanksgiving. A lot of alumni will probably be making their 2009 dues payment between Nov. 1 and Thanksgiving so it would skew the results - and not in you favor.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for helping out the Scouts and trying to get some alumni to shake the cobwebs off their wallets.

I certainly applaud your efforts and your challenge to the Scouts Alumni. I thought I'd point out that the Scouts fiscal year ends on Oct. 31st and that is when the $100,000.00 Join the Corps fund raiser actually ends. Then they start all over again on Nov. 1st for 2009.

I thought it might be a mathematical nightmare for you to keep it all straight if your challenge goes until Thanksgiving. A lot of alumni will probably be making their 2009 dues payment between Nov. 1 and Thanksgiving so it would skew the results - and not in you favor.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for helping out the Scouts and trying to get some alumni to shake the cobwebs off their wallets.

OK based on new information....I will change the timeline...Oct. 31 it is. 300 alums is the total. Almost halfway there.

I still might sit on a dunk tank and let Scouts throw at me. That could work too.

$75 is two weeks of eating peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

$75 is just a bit more than $1 a day from now.

OK based on new information....I will change the timeline...Oct. 31 it is. 300 alums is the total. Almost halfway there.

I still might sit on a dunk tank and let Scouts throw at me. That could work too.

$75 is two weeks of eating peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

$75 is just a bit more than $1 a day from now.

Or 15 less Starbucks (unless you're taking advantage of their new happy hour pricing), which is 1.5 fewer Starbucks per week if you're indulging every week day.

Hey, in CA you could go with the Carl's Jr $1 burger and pass on the PB&J!

Alums who want to ante up and keep Tom honest with his challenge, here's the link: JOIN THE CORPS

Troll Master you say....hmmm....Troll Master I am not. Such determination in this young padawon. Such determination indeed. Cultivate it you must. [/Yoda]

If you want to raise some money for the corps let me recommend a cage match between you two! I'd pay good money as I am sure many :lol: from DCP would.