The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Hey Jeff....if you are ever out here in the Phoenix area, the Kiltlifters are on me.

Sounds like a plan! :tongue:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. 12th place is a great start, not an huge accomplishment in the grander scheme. I'm sure the staff and the members also think so. Yes, the corps now performs on Saturday...but now we need to focus on how we do our part to see if we can help the corps perform later in the evening on Saturday (bigger crowd). Our part is supporting the corps with our volunteer time, talent and financial support.

Yeah, it was 12th place, but considering the year they had (and considering last year), we were all excited about 12th!! (Next year they will move up!) But, being in 12th, they got to set the tone for finals on Saturday. The man in back of us at finals (who knew we were Scouts fans) said after the Scouts performance "How do you get any better than that?" I think that was a great comment on the show.

By the way, it was a big crown when the Scouts performed. Home side of stadium was almost full.

After hearing all the shows on Saturday night, I came away with one conclusion: The Scouts belonged in the top 12. That was no gift. They deserved to be there.

Next year, watch out.

Since I was one of the people who was very vocal against Jeff Prosperie, I wanted to point out that he had the Scouts in 11th place for percussion on August 9th at finals. Just thought that was interesting.

Prosperie was in the stands at San Antonio where he slammed the Scouts compared to the other judge's scores, and on the field at Bloomington. Wonder if this made a difference?

Does anyone know where the $100,000 campaign is today? I think we should keep beating this drum until success is achieved!

Vic Russell

As an alumnus I just received an e-mail from Jeff Spanos stating that we are still $18K short of the $100K goal.

The fiscal year ends Oct 31 and then the campaign for 2009 will begin. We really need to get this years goal of $100K

to get through the winter. For all you alumni & fans out there every little bit helps but the more the better!!!

Does anyone know where the $100,000 campaign is today? I think we should keep beating this drum until success is achieved!

Vic Russell

You can check updates and DONATE here: JOIN THE CORPS.

and I'll sit on a dunk tank at let balls be thrown at me if it will help!

Wow... who's going to take him up on this golden opportunity???

Wow... who's going to take him up on this golden opportunity???

IN!

I'm still waiting to see my name on the patrons page. :rock: