The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

IN!

I'm still waiting to see my name on the patrons page. :rock:

I think everyone is taking the week off. Chris is probably trying to catch up on his work that pays the bills.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone who has contributed to date, the Madison Scouts appreciate your contribution!

I was in Bloomington all last week and I'm getting caught up on work items this week. I expect to update the JOIN THE CORPS website with the latest figures this weekend. If I were to guesstimate, I would say that we are about at $84K-$85K. We picked up several alumni and the amount is slowly edging upwards. As well, the "First Annual Madison Scouts Tailgate" contributed another $600 into the mix from cash donations.

To anyone who has contributed in the last 3 weeks, your Madison Corps pin and thank you letter should be going out in the mail early next week. If your name isn't already on the web site, it will get updated by this weekend.

Other ways you can help:

1. Attend the 70th Anniversary Banquet. Although the banquet itself is essentially an "at cost" activity, there will be a silent auction and souvie sales that will act as a fundraiser for the corps. The banquet will celebrate the 2008 season, the 20th anniversary of the 1988 Champions and the 25th anniversary of the 1983 Color Guard champions. Alumni, fans and friends of the corps are invited to attend. The event will be hosted by Brandt Crocker (the voice of DCI) and we will debut several new video treasures that have been uncovered and remastered.

2. We also need items and/or services donated for our silent auction to be held at the banquet. If you have something that you would like to donate, please contact Melanie Vukasovic at (608) 655-8145 or mvukasovic8145@charter.net

3. Buy some stuff at Madison Gear. We have all of our inventory from this season available online. As well, our 2008 show flags are for sale, all of our horns and our front line equipment. No, it's not a fire sale, we just need to turn over our equipment as per our Yamaha agreement. We've had a number of individuals purchase equipment, but it's also available in larger lots for high school bands or other music programs.

For those interested in auditioning for 2009, be sure to submit an interest form so we can contact you. Audition dates, locations and materials will be announced soon.

I really do need a new corps jacket. I'm pretty sure that the one I got as a 15 year old boy wouldn't fit any more. Since it was stolen, I'll never know.

(If it only came with all my patches)

Thanks again to all the volunteers, staff, instructors, board members, and financial supportors for providing a superb learning experience for all our sons! We are hearing more about the summer's activities each day from our son and he is already making plans for next year's visuals!

Question: I'd like to get the patches sewn on our son's corps jacket. Any traditions about patch placement I should know about?

Thanks,

Cymbalmom

Cymbalmom and Linda Slocum:

I know the two of you abhorred the scoring like I did this year. There is a new thread called DCI Judging 101 started by a guy who wrote an article for the DCI website about scoring. I have added my comments to this thread. You should check it out and add your comments as well.

Dan

edited to fix name of thread.

Edited by DantheOldMan

I really do need a new corps jacket. I'm pretty sure that the one I got as a 15 year old boy wouldn't fit any more. Since it was stolen, I'll never know.

(If it only came with all my patches)

I'll have my new Scouts jacket by DCA!

The raffle tickets and have been drawn and the Madison Scouts thank and congratulate this year's winners:

1. Round trip airfare for 2 and 4 nights at Caesar's Palace Las Vegas or the Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World goes to Heike Carr of Spring, TX.

2. A 42" plasma screen HDTV goes to Stephen Chitta of San Marcos, TX.

3. $750 in cash goes to Irma Chitta of Seguin, TX.

4. $250 in cash goes to Allison Pasternak of Austin, TX.

5. An Apple iPod goes to Stuart Shade of Fishers, IN.

6. $100 in cash goes to William & Susan Grother of Kalamazoo, MI.

7. $80 TGI Fridays Gift Certificate goes to Linda Slocum of Valencia, CA.

8. DCI History Book goes to George Kraft of Huntsville, AL.

9. DCI History Book goes to Jen Perez of Shellville, GA.

10. $50 in cash goes to Kim Kind-Bauer of Racine, WI.

11. $50 in cash goes to Alan Hills of Stoughton, WI.

12. $50 in cash goes to Parker Silva of Sacramento, CA.

Thank you to all of those who purchased raffle tickets and supporting the 2008 Madison Scouts! The winners will be contacted within the next week. If you have not heard from us by then, please contact the corps office.

But what is he going to buy with $50? I know, a Freelancer alumni hornline shirt!

That's one expensive shirt! :laughing: