Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

Crunchy Frog  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

• Yes.
    • Yes!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • NO! Please stop!!
    • NO! NO! NO! Death to Crunchy!!!! Arrrggh!
    • Errrr .... well ... Maybe.
    • Well, okay. But only if it has at least 35 lesbians

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may come as somewhat of a suprise coming from a charter member of Crunchy Frog and father of the 2 youngest members to ever participate in a DCA sanctioned event with Crunchy Frog......but I vote no.

Lee....you make my argument for me......

That night in 2004 was absolutely a defining moment in drum corps history. It was a special moment caught in time.

To try and recreate it would be, in my opinion, somewhat insulting to those that were there and gave their blood, sweat and tears for those 30 minutes we rehearsed in the parking lot that night.

Some gave all....all gave some....and NO ONE walked away from it the same person they were before.

Woodstock = THE defining moment of the 60's

Woodstock 96 = A pitiful caricature of that hallowed weekend

The Blues Brothers = A comedic cinema classic

Blues Brothers 2000 = An insulting farce of its predeccesor

Coke = It's the real thing!!!

NEW Coke = Ok.....you get the idea!!!

I do not in any way, shape or form feel that Crunchy Frog was disrespectful to drum corps, like some of these other butt monkeys here (not you, Fran).

Au contrair....it was historic. It was a bright spot on the dismal and dreary face of drum corps.

D### IT......I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT.......IT GAVE US HOPE!!!!!!

I am all for a Crunchy Frog reunion at the hotel.....with lesbians and goats and a pinata and a dunking tank and all the subsequent appropriate arrests.

But I, for one, will not stand by and see the greatness and legend of Crunchy Frog be served up as warmed over leftovers for the masses.

Lee....it saddens me to say this, but you have no respect for the sanctity of Crunchy Frog.

You raise good points, fellow Crunchy Alumni.

Unless, of course, there was some way, somehow, that Crunchy Frog could in one fell swoop ... outdo anything and everything that has ever come before it.

Im pretty sure that night,,that there was at least one other mini corps that took a penalty for having more than 22.Was it Mass Brass?

Memory of the announcements that night are a little fuzzy because of all the Tequila shots up on the upper lot. :tongue:

Westshore in 98 was at least 20 members over the limit

Uhmm no. Your post reaked of arrogance. Whether you think it does or not, it clearly does. Anyone can see that it does. It's not the first post from a Renegade to smell the same.

so then your issue is the Renegades per se, and not just CF?

Bitter? At what? Not being a Renegade or participating in CrunchyFrog? LMFAO, that is the funniest thing I have read all year on DCP.

Thanks for the laughs, I appreciate it.

I'm done here. You know I dislike CrunchyFrog and I'm not to fond of some people tied in with the Renegades organization, which has a negative impact. I'm proud to say, since 2002, Renegades have been my hot dog corps.

Out like a light!

dude, chill. honestly, your posts reek of more arrogance than anything in here.

if it isn't your cup of tea, don't watch it

Westshore in 98 was at least 20 members over the limit

Crusaders didnt field a competing corps in 2004 but put their full corps in the mini-corps competition.

I think they took like a 20 point penalty for "over the limit".

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. :)

Actually, Lee.... I have never said Crunchy Frog WAS disrespectful to the drum corps activity. Never said that at all. Never have, never will.

What you guys did in 2004 was within the rules in place at the time. I was/is fine with that. In fact, I had a nice chat that night with the guy in the chicken suit. And Mike Boo playing a garden hose.... well, that's what I call a night out. :tongue:

What I have said is.... the rules are now different.

So....if Crunchy Frog/Mushy the Toad/Willie the Weed-Wacker, or whatever, in 2008.... attempts to field a mini-corps larger than the size limit, then yes, that WILL be disrespectful, in my opinion, to the people who make the I&E/mini-corps rules, and the people who run the I&E/mini-corps show. Those people do include my wife Barbara.

And.... quite frankly... it would not exactly be a show of respect to all the other mini-corps, who are complying with the rules.

So...like I've said.... if you guys want to field a mini-corps at the DCA I&E show that is within the rules.... go for it.

Fran

a solution of ( I think) Genkus proportions.

a new I&E category:

Maxi corps!

well, if there's a lot of lesbians involved......