Interesting and odd predictions for 2008

I like Frontier. The direct DC-Denver flight was very nice. DirecTV in every seat, a deal at $5, I thought.

Yeah, Frontier is a good quality airline (at least in my experience) but they do have an unfortunate financial tie to another airline that is going to reaally struggle.

• 2 months later...

How did your interesting and odd predictions turn out? Here's mine (although whether they're interesting and odd can be debated):

I predict:

- Cadets take the gold at finals

Wow, was that WRONG! :tongue: Thank you to the members, though, for doing your best!

- BD takes the silver

Right on!!! :tongue:

- A major cat fight for 3rd with no guarantees for the Cavies

I think this was pretty good, but the Cavaliers came through even without the guarantees.

- The fight for 12th place will again be just as interesting, if not more so, than the fight for 3rd

Hoo boy. Truer words never spoken.

- Every show from top to bottom will be a good show.

Pretty true, although there were a couple of corps (and not on the bottom of the rankings) that I would've liked to have seen more from.

- Some good shows will not be seen by some ticket holders because they'd rather have a hot dog or watch warmups by corps with a reputation

Sad but true.

- A yet to be determined corps will be penalized early in the season for improper use of electronics

I didn't expect it from the Cavaliers, but the heavy reverb/delay in the amplification of the slide whistle and hammered dulcimer seemed outside the rules to me. No comment from the judges though, so wrong-o on the prediction.

You win some, you lose some. Now all I need are my 2008 DVDs and for the 2009 season to start.

Edited by corps-mudgeon

Let's all go out on a limb and make some predictions of things we think could happen, scorewise, with placements, or other unusual things that may happen over the course of the DCI 2008 summer tour.

My bold prediction is at some point during the summer, Colts will beat Phantom Regiment.

I also predict Blue Stars will make finals for the 1st time since becoming DI/World Class again.

Well, I got one right at least. When listening to Colts preseason, they had one of their best sounds ever, and I knew they were well above any other year in drill for that early in the season. I really thought they could be going for possibly as high as 7th during finals week, and as rough as Phantom usually comes out of the gate, I thought they had a chance to beat them early season.

I was pretty sure that Blue Stars were going to be in the finals night show even before the season began. I was really happy to see that happen. Even though it meant the Colts were knocked out.

7. Phantom Regiment -
FAIL
A certain midwest corps that has not made WC finals since 1979 will rocket to 8th place.

Trust me on this!!

EPIC WIN!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

All in good fun guys.....

Edited by megadrive