Great Unused Repetoire

The theme from "Band of Brothers" would work great for a corps like the Scouts, either as a warmup or a ballad in the show, but what do I know.

I'd love to hear some Dream Theater on the field (I know Teal Sound did it a couple years ago, but I missed out and the whole requesting mp3s and videos thing is frowned upon here.....)

Some Symphony X could be pretty amazing too.

Sure I'll think of more as I sit here bored to death at work...

'La Vita' Symphony in Three Scenes - mvt 2 Una Poeta by Yasuhide Ito

Now just for the shear fun of it, someone please do a greatest hits of The Scorpions show!!!

"Toccata" by Ginastera. It's nuts.

The Phantom Regiment is pleased to announce that the 2008 program will be entitled:

SPARTACUS

Music from the 2008 show includes:

Ein Heldenleben by Richard Strauss

Various selections from “Spartacus” by Aram Khachaturian

Toccata from “Piano Concert No. 1” by Alberto Ginastera

Dance of Ecstasy from “Danses Fantastiques” by Loris Tjeknavorian

Battlefield from “KA” (Cirque Du Soleil) by Rene Dupere

Are you crazy ?? This music has way to many melodies and musical lines to be any good.....

That's pretty much the reason I love video game music so much. It's usually built to loop/repeat itself, which means it's more-often-than-not VERY catchy and melodic.

The Smash Bros. Series soundtrack is pretty much a goldmine. Here's just a few

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl - Main Theme

Luigi's Mansion Medley - SSBBrawl mix

and from other games...

Kirby 64 -

Halo 2 -

Starfox 64 -

and my personal favorite :tongue:

Sonic 3 Walk on Water(Hydrocity Zone) remix by housethegreat

with microphones on the field and up to 12 brass mic'ed up i wonder if anyone will add guitar rack effects to the soloists repertoire? if so, i'd like to hear selections from radioheads album the bends, or avenged sevenfolds album city of evil

on the video game topic, i think the shuttle docking sequence from advent rising would make a great ballad or warmup.

why doesn't anyone do more prokofiev? alaxander nevsky is a show, ready to go.

theres a lot of untouched don ellis. i'd love to see some orientation, or 33 222 1 222. great drum corps charts waiting to happen. maybe even some of the french connection soundtrack stuff.

and john barry. why doesn't anyone do john barry's film music? he's best known for the bond soundtracks, and of course the cavaliers, they of such complete disregard for musicality did an entire bond show without touching the barry scores from the first what--12 or 13 movies? i'd love to see a great dances with wolves show (sorry troopers), and his score to the jeff bridges-jessical lange king kong from the seventies is a hidden gem.

I would love to hear Phantom do this version of Chesnokov's "Salvation is Created" (Spasenie Sodelal). <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ3YGJWt40" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ3YGJWt40</a>

I think it would be amazing on the field.

Or Blue Devils doing Some Manhattan Transfer "Offbeat of Avenues" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNk51aslu-c

Or any show ending with this (scroll to 8:30) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0qMMRK0kzM

Edited by BlueByYou2000

A few "Open Class" Corps have done music from video games, when Blue Stars was in Open Class they did the music in 04, forgot what it was.

Band of Brothers is sung by Carolina Crown for a warm-up.

My thought would have been nightmare before Christmas. Even a Christmas show, I know Crown did Carol of the Bells in 03. But I don't remember hearing of a Christmas show.