Great Unused Repetoire

What is some great repetoire that corps have yet to use yet?

Can you create a show from unused repetoire?

For me:

A lot of Samuel Hazo stuff has yet to be used. Fantasy on a Japanese Folk Song would be awesome for an oriental theme.

How about Samuel Barber's Sure on this Shining Night?

"Sure on this Shining Night" would be fantastic for a corps, esp. the Saucedo adaption.

I'll add "Stinkfist" by Tool. The title might be a turnoff, but it's perfect for drum corps, IMO.

I think of that scene from "Borat" everytime I hear that title. The guard could do something interesting here ;)

I second whoever suggested Zappa's "G-Spot Tornado," particularly since there's a wind ensemble(-ish) arrangement of it on his album "The Yellow Shark." It's wild. I'd love to hear the Blue Devils hornline tackle that fast, repetitive, downward melody.

Not to mention there's choreography that could serve as a basis for the color guard work.

I second the "Tubular Bells" Peice. Could be quite the pit warm-up, i think.

Also, I could see the Blue Devils doing some of Michael Giacchino's work (although they already have, see: Incredits) from Ratatouille (or however you spell that movie)

What is some great repetoire that corps have yet to use yet?

Can you create a show from unused repetoire?

For me:

A lot of Samuel Hazo stuff has yet to be used. Fantasy on a Japanese Folk Song would be awesome for an oriental theme.

How about Samuel Barber's Sure on this Shining Night?

FYI, Brigadiers all-age corps are doing an all Sam Hazo show this year: Sevens, Echoes, and of course Ride!

I'd love to hear Cadets play Stephen Melillo's Godspeed

T. A. P. O. A. F. O. D. & B. C. - The Awesome Power of a Fully Operational Drum & Bugle Corps

A Salute to George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic

:smile:

Edited by PCSoprano9702