St Johns Drum & Bugle Corps

From what I recall, there used to be a good 15-20 Junior Corps just in the Southern part of Ontario. Add in those from all over the province, Quebec and out West...there is a ton of Canadian talent out there. Being 16-21 and no real financial responsibilities or a family, allow the talent pool to march the summers.

For those who hold full time jobs, have families or other commitments but still enjoy the thrill of meeting new people and wow'ing the crowd...this allows them to remain involved casually. So I feel that a lot more DCA Corps will be popping up over the next few summers. Or at least I'd like to see it :smile:

ODCA was getting quite big when I was participating in it regularly in the 90's. This is just a list of corps that I remember competing against those days.

St. Johns

Emerald Knights

Conquerer II

Empire Loyalists

Ridge Raiders

Cadets of Dutch Boy

Blue Saints

Bandettes

Oakland Crusaders

Kiwanis Kavaliers

Calvalcade

Lamplighters

Rebels

Cardinals

Ventures

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ODCA was getting quite big when I was participating in it regularly in the 90's. This is just a list of corps that I remember competing against those days.

St. Johns

Emerald Knights

Conquerer II

Empire Loyalists

Ridge Raiders

Cadets of Dutch Boy

Blue Saints

Bandettes

Oakland Crusaders

Kiwanis Kavaliers

Calvalcade

Lamplighters

Rebels

Cardinals

Ventures

Very true - and that's way down from where it was in the '70s.

I don't ever expect the activity to return to the level it was in the '70s, but with touring becoming so prohibitively expensive for both the corps and individual members, I only see growth coming in the "weekends only" option, which for now at least is only offered by DCA.

Add Canadian Knights

St. Johns

Emerald Knights

Conquerer II

Empire Loyalists

Ridge Raiders

Cadets of Dutch Boy

Blue Saints

Bandettes

Oakland Crusaders

Kiwanis Kavaliers

Calvalcade

Lamplighters

Rebels

Cardinals

Ventures

Add Canadian Knights

ROO! How could I forget Canadian Knights? MAN! We almost merged with Canadian Knights, but the director wouldn't have it. I can understand why.

Quite a few former Grenadiers came from that corps. As far as I can remember yourself, Rob Murray, Jenn Hartnett, Rob Peters(?), and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Edited by TenorsForWorldDomination

I'm certain there is room for all those interested. As for particulars...yet to be decided upon. But updates will be posted upon release from the Director and the board. Stay tuned :P

I'm certain there is room for all those interested. As for particulars...yet to be decided upon. But updates will be posted upon release from the Director and the board. Stay tuned :P

As a message from the director, the colours will be the same burgandy and black!! we must remember this adventure is helping a corps going through a downswing in memebership right now, the all ages corps will be a very important part of the education of young people to the drum corps world, only with the youth of today will there be drum corps tommorow, the all ages allows people to get togethor that still have "it" , "it" being that bruning desire to march one more time to say i did it! and along thw way meet and educate new people in the great world of drum and bugle corps, enough of that sappy stuff lets show the world drum corps is not dead in canada and go kick some ###!!

:ninja:

lets show the world drum corps is not dead in canada and go kick some ###!!

:ph34r:

:ph34r::ninja::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: