"All Systems Go" for Bloomington

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was published 28 minutes ago....

Flash floods leave football field in frenzy

Interesting quotes from Acheson as well as the IU media relations guy. Sounds to me like a report on the field condition and it's repair status hasn't even been finalized, and is expected by Friday.

Not to hijack or anything, but I also love the use of "marching band competition"... speaking of dumb reporters, weren't we just talking about that? :tongue:

This was published 28 minutes ago....

Flash floods leave football field in frenzy

Interesting quotes from Acheson as well as the IU media relations guy. Sounds to me like a report on the field condition and it's repair status hasn't even been finalized, and is expected by Friday.

Not to hijack or anything, but I also love the use of "marching band competition"... speaking of dumb reporters, weren't we just talking about that? :tongue:

That is an old acheson quote before he went there today. They used that same quote in a previous article from a few days ago. If DCI says they have been told it will be ready, then that's the best info we can go on.

What could they possibly have to gain by "fooling" everyone into believing that everything's under control when it really isn't? I don't think even DCI is so far into the world of propaganda that they would trot out the housing guy, the Open Class guy and the event management guy for a photo op with Acheson merely to create the illusion that things are going to be ready in time if they didn't really believe it.

That being said, that is a typical information release that gives absolutely no real information. Sort of like "Congressman Jones and his lovely wive Suzanne continue to have a strong and committed marriage."

Next news item announces their divorce.

Like others have said, I hope it all turns out well, but that PR was a little unsettling, at least to those of us who work in advertising..lol

That is an old acheson quote before he went there today. They used that same quote in a previous article from a few days ago. If DCI says they have been told it will be ready, then that's the best info we can go on.

Sounds like we should hear something from IU officials by Friday. It just makes me uneasy that DCI already announced things are OK when IU hasn't even received an official proposal for the solution yet. I generally trust DCI though and they have pulled through in the past, so I'll take their word for it.

Sounds like we should hear something from IU officials by Friday. It just makes me uneasy that DCI already announced things are OK when IU hasn't even received an official proposal for the solution yet. I generally trust DCI though and they have pulled through in the past, so I'll take their word for it.

Dave Gibbs of DCI's BOD comments on the issue in today's Field Pass. Give it a listen. It's towards the end.

I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Dan A. Monday, and he indicated that this announcement would be forthcoming. See, if you just write the guy and ask a simple question you can expect a reply. If you go in claws-out, forget it.

This isn't the first time I've had an exchange with Dan. I may not agree with everything they do, but I can count on an answer if I ask...providing it's in a respectful way.

Sounds like Greenspan overreacted. And I don't think these fields are a one-piece thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's done in modules and can be repaired without yanking out the whole thing.

Anyway, ya'll have fun in Bloomington in August.

Garry in Vegas

Sounds like Greenspan overreacted. And I don't think these fields are a one-piece thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's done in modules and can be repaired without yanking out the whole thing.

I've been thinking that same thing since day one when he threw out those numbers of $750,000 to $1 mil. The dude has been a major source of idiocy in the past, so I think we've been had once again.

For the record, in speaking to someone just now who is pretty close to the situation, they said the field really isn't bad at all. Only really the endzone portion which won't be that difficult to fix by August. Thank goodness, and I have nothing but the utmost confidence that this will be a World Class (no pun intended) production put on by DCI once again.

:tongue:

Edited by IMcomguy