Season X Discussion

Quick question, I need to change a few captions but I am struggling on finding where they are located on the page. Can somebody direct me to that? Thank you very much.

Make sure you are logged in to the site. Then click on Caption Selections on the left hand menu.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am logged in or I would not be able to post to the discussion forums. I guess not a big deal. I just kind of wanted to look at my captions to see where I need to improve the most and I think that is visually so I just wanted to rearrange some things to better my corps because we ARE ON A ROLL!! :thumbdown:

The forums here on DCP and the DCP-I site are 2 totally different places. Go to www.drumcorpsfantasy.com and make sure you are logged in there.

A controversial gold medal win went to The Corps of Unspecified Identity last night in Cincinatti (1st, 81.529), improving their score by over a point from the previous night in Cedarburg. More exciting than the finish, however, was the competition. The Cincinatti show was the first time since East Lansing the corps went head-to-head with DCP-I powerhouse Nastalgia Vanguard (2nd, 81.296), whose all original show "DRIVEN" wowed the crowd. DCP-I defending champions Kosmos (3rd, 81.194) received a rousing ovation.

After the scores of Kosmos and Nastalgia Vanguard were announced, a chorus of boos erupted in the stadium, dampening the high spirits of The Corps of Unspecified Identity after earning their first win since the East Lansing show.

"I love East Lansing," said Snoop Dogg, who was a special guest at the event this evening. "In fact, I make shout outs to East Lansing at large festivals that are 130 miles from East Lansing. That town is tha shizzle!" (reference)

Chris Rohn, the director of The Corps of Unspecified Identity, reassured members after the show.

"What you did out there tonight is redefining the possibilities of what can be done by a drum & bugle corps on a football field," said Mr. Rohn. "You should be proud of yourselves and the great job you did to earn the gold tonight."

Mavericks (4th, 81.139) and Trumbull Golden Eagles (5th, 80.443) rounded out the top five of the competition, which included thirteen Division 1 corps, four Division 2 and three Division 3 corps.

Edited by Chris Rohn

Well Star of Jupiter's first ever West Coast trip started out with a BANG last night in Vegas. Our first win of the season over the perennial performers, The Knights. Major changes to the closer went in last night and the night off on Monday helped out allot. Another night off tonight before they head to Riverside. Very happy with the progress.

Hawaii did not look as sharp in Vegas. Some phasing issues and the last 3 minutes was a visual mess. We are still trying to get the crowd into the "Wave" portion of the show. Cmon...it's just like football games..I mean drum corps fans do know the Wave..right?? By the way the Pink Angels were amazing last night. Those girls can play some notes! Hawaii will be rehearsing with Jupiter tonight before Riverside.

Cross is just hit or miss right now. Disappointing performance in Cincinnati. It doesn't help 3 members of the Contra line got heat exhaustion. Scotland's own is still dealing with the American heat. Needed rest tonight heading to Evansville on Thursday.

My britches! They are falling off!

Looks like both Glory of Music corps let their success in Denver go to their heads. :thumbdown: Time for some rehearsal butt-kicking.

Tri-Color and Emerald Regime continue to be brides maids in big shows. Winning prelims, then to get edged out in finals! Either way, both groups including Emerald Explorers earned great praise at their respective regionals...this only helps them in the future contest! All 3 are in the heat of competition, right where they need to be.

Tri-Color and Emerald Regime continue to be brides maids in big shows. Winning prelims, then to get edged out in finals! Either way, both groups including Emerald Explorers earned great praise at their respective regionals...this only helps them in the future contest! All 3 are in the heat of competition, right where they need to be.

I hear ya on that one. 3 corps in the organization with 11 regional & championship silver medals. But like your corps, it only means that once again we are in the mix. Good season so far.

It appears someone sabotaged our buses by stabbing the tires while we were rehearsing in Louisville today. I know we have a controversial program, but I can't believe someone would do this to the corps! We have been blessed with the use of the buses of a local church to get to and from the show tonight. We have called the authorities and they are looking into the situation. New tires are covered by our insurance policy.

Looks like it will be quite a show tonight. We're competing against Shadow for the first time tonight. Nastalgia Vanguard and Minnesota Madness will be there tonight, too. We're looking forward to it!

Edited by Chris Rohn

It appears someone sabotaged our buses by stabbing the tires while we were rehearsing in Louisville today. I know we have a controversial program, but I can't believe someone would do this to the corps! We have been blessed with the use of the buses of a local church to get to and from the show tonight. We have called the authorities and they are looking into the situation. New tires are covered by our insurance policy.

Looks like it will be quite a show tonight. We're competing against Shadow for the first time tonight. Nastalgia Vanguard and Minnesota Madness will be there tonight, too. We're looking forward to it!

That's awful. If you need NMP for anything let us know. Our kids really enjoy competiting with you guys, looking foward to the rematch tonight.