Bridgemens show

We were all extremely disappointed not to be able to perform for the crowd this past weekend.

Me especially. It was to be my first field performance doing drill and playing my bari.

It also came to our attention that during our warm up, we could be heard LOUD AND CLEAR down on the field,

while Sac. was performing. We were all dismayed and upset, at hearing this news, of our interrupting their performance.

In our defense, you could NOT hear one sound from the stadium. Absolutely nothing! Not one note from a horn or tap of a drum. Nada, Zip.

I would like to extend my own apologies to Blessed Sacrament. I'm sure the corps feels as I do.

Cabs. Alumni spent the day on the drill practice field in Totowa,N.J., and had a hairy time getting to the stadium for the show.

That was some rain storm! Traffic stopped on the highway, due to the torrential downpour.

The ride home was a bit hairy as well. Driving 35 m.p.h. for almost an hour. Just about drove me nuts. viability was bad.

Going to bed Saturday night/ Sunday morning was full of nightmarish dreams of tail lights coming at me really fast. LOL Every time I closed my eyes, BAM!

I died a thousand deaths that night. I ended up sleeping all day Sunday. Woke up at 1am and was up till it was time to go to work at 7am.

I spent the time studying my music and drill book and watching t.v.. Well, what the heck was I suppose to do? Clean the house? Oh I don't think so. LOL

I didn't get to see any of the show Saturday night, up till it rained.

I did hear that the Bridgemen, took to the field, after I had left. Played for who ever was left in the stadium. In the rain!

Way to go Bridgemen!

Edited by cin4057

It also came to our attention that during our warm up, we could be heard LOUD AND CLEAR down on the field,

while Sac. was performing. We were all dismayed and upset, at hearing this news, of our interrupting their performance.

In our defense, you could NOT hear one sound from the stadium. Absolutely nothing! Not one note from a horn or tap of a drum. Nada, Zip.

I would like to extend my own apologies to Blessed Sacrament. I'm sure the corps feels as I do.

Aww... Doncha hate it when stuff like that happens? It sure doesn't sound intentional at all. It's not the first time this kind of thing happens, and it probably won't be the last... Why do suppose that is? Wind conditions, or something? (Just curious.)

Cabs. Alumni spent the day on the drill practice field in Totowa,N.J., and had a hairy time getting to the stadium for the show.

That was some rain storm! Traffic stopped on the highway, due to the torrential downpour.

The ride home was a bit hairy as well. Driving 35 m.p.h. for almost an hour. Just about drove me nuts. viability was bad.

A reminder to everyone to drive safely and all that good stuff...

I did hear that the Bridgemen, took to the field, after I had left. Played for who ever was left in the stadium. In the rain!

Way to go Bridgemen!

Wow! Kudos to Bridgemen! :ninja:

"It also came to our attention that during our warm up, we could be heard LOUD AND CLEAR down on the field, while Sac. was performing. We were all dismayed and upset, at hearing this news, of our interrupting their performance. In our defense, you could NOT hear one sound from the stadium. Absolutely nothing! Not one note from a horn or tap of a drum. Nada, Zip.

I would like to extend my own apologies to Blessed Sacrament. I'm sure the corps feels as I do."

I heard about this after the fact also, Cindy. My wife was in the stands and told me afterwards.

I too would like to extend a personal apology to Blessed Sacrament if our warm-up interrupted your performance. It was not at all intentional and we had no idea that the sound carried the way it did.

I warmed up the drum section in the exact same spot that Park City and Scout House had used earlier. Larry Kerchner began his horn warm-ups right next to us. Had we known it was being heard in the stadium, we certainly would have moved farther away. We'll keep this in mind for next year, should we be back at the Tournament of Stars.

My thanks to the Bridgemen for having the refuge of the high school gym and hockey rink available for those of us waiting to perform when the rain began. We're all sorry we didn't get to perform for you and your paying customers, but in view of the deluge that ensued, I thank you for making the right call in cancelling the rest of the show. Looking forward to seeing you in Clifton at the Grand Prix.

We were all extremely disappointed not to be able to perform for the crown this past weekend.

:tongue:

Cindy, did you mean "crowd"? :dancin:

Seeing as BS was warming up in the same spot while St Rita's was on, Cabs alumni should not get too upset.

The evening was great, and would have been primo if not for the weather.

I had to drive through " feet deep " of standing water three times on the way home.

Scout House was very entertaining, get to see them if you get a chance!

Edited by fecontra

I think her Royal Highness will understand. :tongue:

if i'd known she was there i would have been sure to curtsey in her general direction as i was getting drenched in the downpour.

:dancin:

Aww... Doncha hate it when stuff like that happens? It sure doesn't sound intentional at all. It's not the first time this kind of thing happens, and it probably won't be the last... Why do suppose that is? Wind conditions, or something? (Just curious.)

Yeah. Wind can play tricks with the sound.

I too would like to extend a personal apology to Blessed Sacrament if our warm-up interrupted your performance. It was not at all intentional and we had no idea that the sound carried the way it did.

I warmed up the drum section in the exact same spot that Park City and Scout House had used earlier. Larry Kerchner began his horn warm-ups right next to us. Had we known it was being heard in the stadium, we certainly would have moved farther away. We'll keep this in mind for next year, should we be back at the Tournament of Stars.

John,

As always I appreciate your thoughtfulness. FYI, when Park City and Scout House warmed up, I don't believe the show had yet started. Nonetheless, it was simply a matter of acoustics. The performers on the field played towards the stands and their sound went out across Newark bay (which is why you could not hear them). You played your warmups in between school buildings. The building walls acted as a bandshell to amplify your sound down to the stands. BTW I was in the audience then; and I believe that (most of) your fortissimo warmup actually occurred in between BS productions. So it wasn't as disruptive as you might think.

Also, after all these years at that site, the show sponsors should know to direct the corps' warmups to the front of the HS on Avenue A. I'm sorry I didn't get to see this year's Cabs alumni program due to rain. However, you sounded REALLY strong in the warmup!!! (smile)

Well, of course I meant crowd.

Al tho, Scout Houses Queen Mother may have been in attendance. LOL

Isn't she a hoot? I missed seeing her this year at G.A.S.. I look forward to seeing her at G.A.S., in Gettysburg next year.