2008 Standings

I am not upset with the system or the judges.Just pointing out that the is generally a "Seen" gap between the class A corps and the open class corps year after year.Spot on about the Zero doubt thing.I am betting it would take a performance the magnitude of say that corps from Indiana level to make it happen.

Your so right about some of the open class corps being class A ish in size.I think that is part of the growing pains that start up corps have to go through before they can flourish.Really too big for class A but really not big enough to go after the big dogs.

As we have seen,,time generally takes care of all of these things.Look at the start up corps just a few years ago.MBI,Corpsvets,Renegades.All doing well and all getting consistent scoring from the judges.They are all kind of stuck where they are at for now but every year we see better things out of them.

Time will fix all of this.

dca prelims is going to be a hot ticket,this season!!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to note that Drum Corps was really VERY nationwide from WWI till the early 50's. For whatever reason, especially the senior corps, seemed to contract into the Northeast. Perhaps this was the result of not enough local competition - corps could not flurish on AL or VFW nationals alone - in then lower populated areas outside the Northeast and of course the difficulty in traveling prior to the interstate system.

A better transportation link in the Northeast and a higher population base in the 50's and 60's allowed senior drum corps to survive in large quantities.

Now, it is expanding again to all corners of the country... guess what goes around comes around...

At any rate, I'm certainly enjoying my new friends around the country.

whats that thing about history being "cyclical",that henry kissenger was talking about?...........maybe he is correct.

From Milton, GA....CV -- 63.15

DCI.org has CorpsVets listed as a 69.6...

I'll shoot my sources later...

I'll shoot my sources later...

I'm wondering if they (DCI) calculated the score incorrectly. The score announced was different.

I'm wondering if they (DCI) calculated the score incorrectly. The score announced was different.

And the plot thickens....

Website score would bump Renegades out....announced score puts them back in the pack of Class A hopefuls...

Corpsvets 69.60 seems pretty consistent with DCA scoring over the years.Even if it was DCI judges.That puts them one step ahead of CRU exactly as it was at the end of the season last year.The big question in my mind is will CRU put the rubber to the road and over take Corpsvets come labor day?????Its going to be tough to do in my estimation but its possible.

And no one needs to get excited about Renegades being pushed out tonight and not being in finals come labor day..I feel certain both CV and Renegades will march under the lights. Renegades and CV have really been listening to the judges and are tailoring their programs to match the judges requirements.

Its still early in the season and corps are still trying to get a read from the judges of things they need to fix so hang on to your boot straps and enjoy they ride. Huzzah

:thumbup:

From Milton, GA....CV -- 63.15

Announcer: CV 64.75

DCI.org: CV 69.60

Clear as mud right now. :thumbup:

Now just waiting on fan reviews of the show.