Needing some serious advice

Even if you get your tour fees paid by corps B, you will still need some extra money, so I say corps B.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not aging out yet, I'm only seventeen.

I'd consider where you want to be corps-wise down the road since you're not ageing-out. It seems like corps B would be your better choice for this season. Beyond that though would you see yourself staying with Corps B and being part of a new family or do you think you might eventually return to corps A? Or even go for corps C which would be a higher placing version of corps B.

Regardless........you'll live with it better for the next 25 years if you go with your gut feeling or with what your heart has to say. If you try to over-analyze this and make the logical choice you may not do what's best for you.

Savor the experience. It's over way-too soon......and this is coming from a guy who had to change corps for his age-out season. I would have preferred to have stayed but the corps I was a part of previously folded shortly before my 21st birthday.

This really isn't a discussion about "Corps A" vs "Corps B." This is really a discussion about emotion vs rational thinking.

Children tend to make decisions based on emotions. Adults usually make decisions based on thinking, having the experience and knowledge to trust that that the emotions will follow.

Your path is obvious.

Its a tough decision but if corps A really is your family then they will understand the opportunity you have been given and be happy that you have a chance to march with corps B! It will be a great experience! go for corps B!

Looks to me corps A has made adjustments and moved on without you. You should consider the same thing.

In some form everyone who remains in a career will have the same decision to make as you're facing now. People move from company to company doing the same thing for any of a host of reasons, from the chance of advancement to just needing a "scene change". TV news reporters are the first thing that come to mind.

I admire your loyalty to your corps, and also understand that may be the "safe" way to go. But corps A has moved on and it appears there is some shaky ground coming up for them. So, rather than thinking about letting corps A down, how about giving corps B a chance?

Whatever you choose to do - choose to march SOMEWHERE. If you don't that means you have let BOTH corps down and what's even a bigger issue - you denied yourself an opportunity.

This really isn't a discussion about "Corps A" vs "Corps B." This is really a discussion about emotion vs rational thinking.

Children tend to make decisions based on emotions. Adults usually make decisions based on thinking, having the experience and knowledge to trust that that the emotions will follow.

Your path is obvious.

is it just me, or does this sound like YODA is on the dcp forums

It seems that no matter what you choose, you will question yourself as to whether or not you made the right decision. You may spend the whole Summer wondering if you should have made the other choice. With that being said, make the logical choice and go with corps B.

I've always been a big proponent of loyalty. But in this case, I would think that the staff at the open class corps would be happy for you being given the opportunity to march with a world class corps. My guess is that you feel more guilty about it than they would feel let down. Take the opportunity to march in the world class corps. You may have many years of eligibility left, but you never know what the future might bring. Seize the moment!

Corps A is showing loyality by making their first offer to him with regular financial accountability. Remember it was his choice to walk away the first time.

Corps B is offer a new begining for free...

This choice should be easy with a conversation with corp A...If corp A isn't making any arrangements to make it easier for you to help them then Corp B is the choice, It's a two way street and a win win situation. As long as they make concessions, other wise Corp B is the best choice.