Keep DCI Plugged

I think electronics and amps add so many tools to designers to use that are really cool. Think of all the colors and effects that are available through electronics. Integrating that into the drum corps medium is very important. It keeps the activity on the cutting edge and keeps show designers satisfied. Allowing electronics doesn't mean everyone has to use them. There is variety which I appreciate. Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta admit, even though I'm neutral on the subject of amps/narration/etc, after sitting through all these highjacked topics about narration-hate I find this topic VERY refreshing :thumbup:

I've gotta admit, even though I'm neutral on the subject of amps/narration/etc, after sitting through all these highjacked topics about narration-hate I find this topic VERY refreshing :thumbup:

Thank you.

Speaking of refreshing, the new sounds available from electronics are refreshing to me.

I don't mind some of the percussion voicings that have been added to shows, but I can do without narration.

In general, I don't think any of the narration has really worked (except for the end of Crown last year) but it also gave us Cadets' ballad in 2006.

That's my case for amplification. It was new, it was successful, it was interesting, and it was something that we would never have had under the old system.

If by "plugged in" you mean back on PBS so we can enjoy our favorite corps perform over Thanksgiving weekend...then by all means...power up the generator!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The sound of amp feedback- followed by the fans' response :thumbup: