Your biggest questions for 2008

Here are my top three questions for the 2008 season:

1. Who will have more of a chance of getting a medal....Bluecoats or Crown?

There is a lot of hype behind Crown, but I still think Coats have the more seasoned crew...but we'll see. I would love for one of them to place in the top three!!!!!

2. Bluestars or Academy: who will be having their last show of the 2008 season on a Saturday night?

Bluestars have been getting better every year, but Academy seems to accomplish everything they set out to do. Wouldn't it be wild if they both made finals this year!!!!????!!!!

3. The new Open Class: I'm very excited to see how this new format works out this year?!!??!!

I would love to hear everyone else's top 3 for the year....

2. Bluestars or Academy: who will be having their last show of the 2008 season on a Saturday night?

Just my opinions:

1. neither will be in top 3. But Bluecoats will place higher.

2. Both will have their last performance on Friday night. I hope it's very close though. Too much competition in the 10-14 slot.... (is it too early to bring that word up?)

My biggest questions for '08:

Will DCI be able to pull off a successful season of streaming?

Will DCP crash from the narration discussion?

Edited by jblamb1401

Question #1: I don't think it will be impossible for one of these to get a medal but the competition sure will be tight between the regular top 3 (Cadets, Cavies, Blue Devils) and SCV and Phantom.

Question #2: Yes, both of these corps may miss Finals, but I have a feeling both might make it; especially the Blue Stars. I've heard a lot of good things about there program this year and the level of talent they have. It will be very tight again in that 10th through 15th range....should make for another exciting year!

Question #3: I expect this new format will work well especially with the shrinking numbers of particpating corps although I am concerened about some of the smaller ones. My hope particularly for the Open Class Corps is that all the corps that have started tour be able to make it till the end. I just have a feeling that some may experience some financial difficulties during the season related to fuel costs.

There is a lot of hype behind Crown, but I still think Coats have the more seasoned crew...but we'll see. I would love for one of them to place in the top three!!!!!

Neither will have a realistic shot at getting a medal. Hype doesn't mean anything!!!! It doesn't matter how good you look when you're rehearsing and there's no one to compare you to. I would hope you look good then.

I think they're both going to make finals.

Another question:

I wonder if all this bad weather will hurt Midwest corps and those that have been practicing in the Midwest.

From reading blogs, I know that Regiment and Spirit have been running from storms seemingly since move in. I'm sure others are dealing with it as well.

Is this the year Bloo finally medals? In 2006 they were fourth, but with a nice gap to go for third. Last year they were running with the top dogs all season, especially in brass and drums, before fading down the stretch. Can they continue this rise they've been on?

Can Crown build on last year's success? Unlike Bloo, it's far too early for me to ask if Crown can medal. Last year wasn't just the first time this corps ever broke 94, it was also just the second time they'd ever broken 92 - the only prior occasion being semi-finals in 2004. Their score in finals last year was a full three points higher than their previous best for Saturday night. I'm more curious to see if they can match last year's scores, or if they'll fall back to scoring in the 88-91 range.

Can SCV once again contend with the elite? Remember 2003, when the drum corps world was shocked to see Phantom clip SCV by the smallest of margins for fourth place? The Big Four, intact since 1998, was finally broken again. SCV was back in 2004, but then that 2005 show happened, and it's been just the Big Three ever since. Personally, I'm hoping for a show as awesome as 1999, and just as successful.

I have so many more, maybe I'll post when they come to me.

3. The new Open Class: I'm very excited to see how this new format works out this year?!!??!!

I would love to hear everyone else's top 3 for the year....

My answers to your questions first...

1. CROWN!

2. BLUE STARS!

3. A great step forward for this area of DCI.

And now my Questions...

1. Cadets or Cavaliers for the title?

2. SCV or Crown for the bronze?

3. Who will be performing for the last time at Semis, Scouts or Spirit?!?

My answers to your questions first...

1. CROWN!

2. BLUE STARS!

3. A great step forward for this area of DCI.

And now my Questions...

1. Cadets or Cavaliers for the title?

2. SCV or Crown for the bronze?

3. Who will be performing for the last time at Semis, Scouts or Spirit?!?

1. Cavies

2. Crown

3. Sprit

Is this the year Bloo finally medals? In 2006 they were fourth, but with a nice gap to go for third. Last year they were running with the top dogs all season, especially in brass and drums, before fading down the stretch. Can they continue this rise they've been on?

Can Crown build on last year's success? Unlike Bloo, it's far too early for me to ask if Crown can medal. Last year wasn't just the first time this corps ever broke 94, it was also just the second time they'd ever broken 92 - the only prior occasion being semi-finals in 2004. Their score in finals last year was a full three points higher than their previous best for Saturday night. I'm more curious to see if they can match last year's scores, or if they'll fall back to scoring in the 88-91 range.

Can SCV once again contend with the elite? Remember 2003, when the drum corps world was shocked to see Phantom clip SCV by the smallest of margins for fourth place? The Big Four, intact since 1998, was finally broken again. SCV was back in 2004, but then that 2005 show happened, and it's been just the Big Three ever since. Personally, I'm hoping for a show as awesome as 1999, and just as successful.

I have so many more, maybe I'll post when they come to me.

Yes...SCV....another perplexing corps. I would love for them to be banging it out for a medal. But I'm still sticking with the Coats, Drumline is back and George Woz in front of the horns is nothing to sneeze at either...he can clean with the best of them!!!!