Wildwood Scores

June 21

Wildwood NJ

Buccaneers 76.863

Caballeros 72.800

Bushwackers 66.100 (0.8)

Fusion Core 55.700 (4.2)

wow, 4 pts looks like they left a lot of room for impire, brigs and others

can anyone beat the the Bucs ? did the Renagades get a 75?

Edited by SKEK_SOP

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris congratulations to you and the Fusion Team on a great outing. You did indeed mark the beginning of the DCA season and you did it turning a lot of heads.

We have so few contests as it is, Fusion, Bush and the Bucs should be commended for putting the date of the first show on your calendar in the winter and making it a point to support the Association the third weekend of June. Non- of us are where we want to be, that is what the season is for. The show we saw in Wildwood in not the same show we will see in Rochester at the end of August.

To be able to put your corps out in front of an audience so early in the season will pay dividends when you hit the field at the Barnum, Clifton and DCA. With such a turnover in all of the corps, I can tell you it was not only the Caballeros that I saw the deer in the head lights look in the eyes from the new members. Next time out they will all be more at ease and their performances will became second nature to them.

Once again thank you for being the opening act At the Cabs Beach Party and we look forward to seeing you at the Grand Prix and in Wildwood next year.

I thoroughly enjoyed my work-cation down in Wildwood this past weekend, and hope I'm able to go many times in the future. Had a great time!

veeery interesting. Without the penalties, Fusion would have been very close to Bush... If somebody knows what they were for, please post them.

Seven points is hardly what I'd call "close." None-the-less, essentially scoring a 60 right out of the gate is a strong accomplishment for a Class A corps. But as my hero in the Govies says every year, "scores, schmores..." Different show, different judging panel, different line-up of corps, good or bad sushi at lunch, can all greatly impact the scores on any particular night. Until all the corps go head to head a few times, numbers really don't mean much. ESPECIALLY knowing that more than a few corps are still putting some of the finishing touches on their programs. I'm hoping to see as many corps as possible on the 5th in Virginia!

Non- of us are where we want to be, that is what the season is for. The show we saw in Wildwood in not the same show we will see in Rochester at the end of August.

To be able to put your corps out in front of an audience so early in the season will pay dividends when you hit the field at the Barnum, Clifton and DCA. With such a turnover in all of the corps, I can tell you it was not only the Caballeros that I saw the deer in the head lights look in the eyes from the new members. Next time out they will all be more at ease and their performances will became second nature to them.

Wise words, Al. Out a week earlier gets a corps "there" a week sooner. Rehearsal is one thing - in front of an audience and judges is something completely different!!

Sorry I missed everyone this past Saturday. I had trouble making life and drum corps co-exist and life was more important.

did anybody find out what exactly was the 4.2 pionts in penalties were? just curious.

Thanks so much Alan for inviting us to Wildwood and to Clifton. Last year Clifton was our innaugural performance :tongue: .

Thank you also for your support since day one.

We're very excited about the upcoming season. I'm very proud of the core. Not only is it a nerve wracking experience to OPEN THE SEASON, it's even more nerve wracking having your first ever drum corps show be "THAT" show.

See you in a few weeks :tongue: !!