Rockford Photos

Crown's plumes look like pipe cleaners! But it is distinctive, and I kinda like 'em.

Madison's new "green" (= olive) doesn't bother me, but the cut on the jackets really is kinda dumb looking. It looks like everyone mis-buttoned their jackets by one loophole! And the way it lays up around the tie is pretty unflattering. Like the return of the ties, though ... just wished the uni itself looked more polished.

I love Regiment's drum finish, but agree it looks bad with the current sashes ... granite + lavendar?? Does anyone know if PR is getting new uniform sashes or overlays that compliment the drum finish? Something eye-catching along a granite or DEEP burgundy or DEEEEP violet would look really nice.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Those color strips do look like like the paper samples with three colors from the paint store. Not only the gold is moved, but all the colors are in different spots on different people. Sort of reminds me of the bars on a stereo equalizer when they are all in a line. They do like their earth tones - perhaps watched too much HGTV while designing the show?

Madison's look great and distinctive, it just a bit busy. The green looks about as grassy as you can get though, so wonder why they didn't go a little brighter, or darker.

Re: Crown's uniform and plume...sorry if you can't recognize a touch of class when you see it. Clean, simple, and a great backdrop to help the guard's uniform stand out.

Hope it's OK, Granny. I did a color correction on this one:

IMG_0571.jpg

I am confused how can you say that Madison's uniforms look good on the brassline and the battery but looks horrible on the pit. it is the same uniform.

Personally I do not like the new Madison uniforms overall. They look sloppy to me. The jacket does not fit the members well. Maybe they weren't fitted correctly or something. But it just doesn't work. I appreciate them trying to do a classic look but it is not working.

Everyone else looked good.

Shannon

Well I already explained that, but I'll do it again just for you.

The drumline and brass have good posture and presence, and really fill out the uniform.

The pit doesn't have great posture and looks kinda sloppy in them.

Wow! NakedEye you should become a comedian or something! Your post was just hilarious, NOT!

Well I already explained that, but I'll do it again just for you.

The drumline and brass have good posture and presence, and really fill out the uniform.

The pit doesn't have great posture and looks kinda sloppy in them.

It also does not help that the pit have nothing in front of them to draw your attention away from the cut ofthe jacket. Atleast the brass have isntruments that help to cover up any imperfections in the fitting. Without seeing the battery(snares/tenors) I can only wonder if they look similar to the pit from the waist up.

(note): I have not clicked to see the pictures Granny brought us.

Wow! NakedEye you should become a comedian or something! Your post was just hilarious, NOT!

Dear Mom(s):

Please do not take offense at my jest, which in no way a criticism of your undoubtedly talented and hardworking children.

That being said, I do find an amusing similarity between this:

crownpaint.jpg

and this:

506637433_217544f741.jpg

crownpaint.jpg

Errr.... not my cup of tea.