Rockford Photos

Madison Scouts look like a cross between the Cavies uniform and the Cavies Guard Uniform from their show last year.

And Crown, right now, those squares serve as a color palette for next years uniform. Think of what you do to a wall to test out different colors. :) I love their unis; however, that brown plume looks like a log of... uhh.. just a log.

LOL Those color strips do look like like the paper samples with three colors from the paint store. Not only the gold is moved, but all the colors are in different spots on different people. Sort of reminds me of the bars on a stereo equalizer when they are all in a line. They do like their earth tones - perhaps watched too much HGTV while designing the show?

Madison's look great and distinctive, it just a bit busy. The green looks about as grassy as you can get though, so wonder why they didn't go a little brighter, or darker.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what is CROWN's Guard wearing?

Can I get some feedback on the costume......

Blue Stars guard:

MIKE MYERS Saturday Night Live

(short bus)

I'm just curious - aren't they the same uniform??? Why do you think the pit looks ridiculous?

Because they hornline and drumline have good posture and project.

The pit was kinda slouching and almost looked frumpy in the uniforms.

(There's probably a better word than frumpy, but that's all I can think of right now)

But what is CROWN's Guard wearing?

Can I get some feedback on the costume......

Blue Stars guard:

MIKE MYERS Saturday Night Live

(short bus)

Crown's guard uniform is supposed to reflect the show's theme of a mad composer/conductor in search of the perfect musical ending. Show flags are still not completed yet. Their guard book is incredibly difficult and they are off to a very good start.

My thoughts with pictures for examples.

Good-

Madison's drumline and hornline look sharp.

IMG_0574.jpg

Still love them Colts unis

IMG_0591.jpg

Phantom looks like classic Phantom

IMG_0552.jpg

Cavies' Guard definitely pulling off the Samurai look

IMG_0603.jpg

Sweeet drums from the Cavies.

IMG_0602.jpg

Bad-

Madison's pit looks ridiculous in those unis

IMG_0558.jpg

Phantom's drums look like crap, honestly some of the ugliest drums I've seen.

IMG_0620.jpg

Crown's Plumes look terrible, Davy Crockett is my first thought.

IMG_0611.jpg

Thanks!!

Thoughts on the Mad uni....I like this one a HELL of a lot better than the last couple of years....not sold on the shade of green, tho....it's very grey. I'd prefer a shade closer to the 88 era. The odd cut doesn't bother me that much. I think this is a good blend of modern design elements while bringing back someof the classic ones. The open cuff is an interesting "beautiful people" touch....

Cavies...heh, I wonder if they brought in someone from Mandarins for a clinic on the Taiko drums!

Colts....still getting the Tony the Tiger vibe, but they DO pop on the field!

Crown....they could sell off all of their excess plumes and finance another trip to California! (Please....really....come back....you were AWESOME!)

My thoughts with pictures for examples.

Good-

Madison's drumline and hornline look sharp.

IMG_0574.jpg

Still love them Colts unis

IMG_0591.jpg

Phantom looks like classic Phantom

IMG_0552.jpg

Cavies' Guard definitely pulling off the Samurai look

IMG_0603.jpg

Sweeet drums from the Cavies.

IMG_0602.jpg

Bad-

Madison's pit looks ridiculous in those unis

IMG_0558.jpg

Phantom's drums look like crap, honestly some of the ugliest drums I've seen.

IMG_0620.jpg

Crown's Plumes look terrible, Davy Crockett is my first thought.

IMG_0611.jpg

I am confused how can you say that Madison's uniforms look good on the brassline and the battery but looks horrible on the pit. it is the same uniform.

Personally I do not like the new Madison uniforms overall. They look sloppy to me. The jacket does not fit the members well. Maybe they weren't fitted correctly or something. But it just doesn't work. I appreciate them trying to do a classic look but it is not working.

Everyone else looked good.

Shannon

From Rosemont, Illinois.....Ralph Macchio!!!

Question: Has the Madison pit always gone without hats? Looking through the pics, it just seems odd to see their hair, when my (getting fuzzy) memory makes me think they've always worn hats in the pit.

Who knows this???