Rockford Photos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they wanted an 8th snare, they'd already have one

heyyyy lighten up bud?

Crown's guard uniform is supposed to reflect the show's theme of a mad composer/conductor in search of the perfect musical ending. Show flags are still not completed yet. Their guard book is incredibly difficult and they are off to a very good start.

I like the MAD-COMPOSER concept!

Edited by Cop

I might be wrong in my recollection, but one of the cool things about the Cavies drums is that they appeared to be two-toned in that when they were facing the stands they had that gradient, but when they faced backwards they were a solid goldish/cream color. I noticed it particularly with the quads.

One little irritation that I have with numerous corps is the sloppiness in hat angles. I suppose with the two-foot plume that Crown has, they are going to have to be extra careful about this.

I might be wrong in my recollection, but one of the cool things about the Cavies drums is that they appeared to be two-toned in that when they were facing the stands they had that gradient, but when they faced backwards they were a solid goldish/cream color. I noticed it particularly with the quads.

Actually, you're not seeing the drum when they turn - they've got a wood panel bolted to the sides of the drums:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...8354&st=470

so they can do what looks like "shell clicks" (sticks to the side of the drum) without actually hurting the hardware or the drum. Under that add-on panel, it's fade finish all the way around.

Mike

Actually, you're not seeing the drum when they turn - they've got a wood panel bolted to the sides of the drums:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...8354&st=470

so they can do what looks like "shell clicks" (sticks to the side of the drum) without actually hurting the hardware or the drum. Under that add-on panel, it's fade finish all the way around.

Mike

Ah, now I get it. They do create a bit of visual interest when facing back field.

Thanks for posting the pics! Very generous to take the time to share. :tongue:

Hmm, from the pics alone:

Madison: Agree that the uniform is so similar to old ones except for the awkward jacket that I wonder what the point of changing is. I do have to say they are better than last years. I prefer the fleur on the front in the two color version. The pit looks dumb because they lack the aussie and they look like kids dressed up to park cars at the Irish country club.

Colts; Fine. Dug these last year and still do.

Crown: Very monchromatic which should allow them to be dramatic with color on the silks, although I will never like the plumes as much as I did the purple. The color block is baffling although I suspect there's some symbolic design element which will be revealed on the DVD. The only thing I can think of right now, and it is a stretch, is that it is representative of the fact that all the tunes are finales so they could be interchanged?

Cavaliers: Guard uniform just a BIT OVER THE TOP! I'd like to see a uniform change in the corps, and wouldn't this have been a cool show to do it with? I know some think it is perfect, but I'm being selfish and want to see something different.

Phantom. I don't get the sparkly blue sash. It looks too much like last years'. Spartacus was a slave, not a king. Wouldn't something in a darker muted color be more appropriate? And I HATE, yes HATE the color of the guard uniforms. All the shields and short skirts make me feel like I"m at Caesar's Palace waiting for a cocktail. I hope it looks better when I see it live.

One little irritation that I have with numerous corps is the sloppiness in hat angles. I suppose with the two-foot plume that Crown has, they are going to have to be extra careful about this.

Pretty cool :worthy:

Not only can Granny take great photos but she knows what quads are as well........ :tongue: Go Granny :tongue: