The Official 2008 Colts Discussion Thread

Colts have an awesome show this year. I am really surprised that Glassmen are beating them at this point. Glassmen show is very weak this year, and while they may be beating Colts in percussion, and possibly would be beating them in the hornline, Colts have a much better written, better performed show. Their GE visual and music score should be more than making up for the drumline and hornline. And Colts have one of the best guards visually this year. I know in Normal the Colts had one of their weakest performances of the season, and still probably should have beaten Glassmen. And with Spirits show this year, it shouldn't even be within 3 points of the Colts so far.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One suggestion I thought of while in the Dubuque show, is how much the fans love the encore number "Freebird". I was thinking of how Pioneer when they troop the stands, play an Irish Jig as they do. Why couldn't Colts do Freebird as they trooped the stands. I think the crowd would go absolutley nuts.

One suggestion I thought of while in the Dubuque show, is how much the fans love the encore number "Freebird". I was thinking of how Pioneer when they troop the stands, play an Irish Jig as they do. Why couldn't Colts do Freebird as they trooped the stands. I think the crowd would go absolutley nuts.

Are they still playing Freebird? Lots of interesting things about Freebird...They did play Morning last, though, right? Please say yes?

Are they still playing Freebird? Lots of interesting things about Freebird...They did play Morning last, though, right? Please say yes?

Yes they did still play Morning, it is the corps song. And I think they played it last, but don't remember the exact order for sure.

Colts have an awesome show this year. I am really surprised that Glassmen are beating them at this point. Glassmen show is very weak this year, and while they may be beating Colts in percussion, and possibly would be beating them in the hornline, Colts have a much better written, better performed show. Their GE visual and music score should be more than making up for the drumline and hornline. And Colts have one of the best guards visually this year. I know in Normal the Colts had one of their weakest performances of the season, and still probably should have beaten Glassmen. And with Spirits show this year, it shouldn't even be within 3 points of the Colts so far.

I am a Colts fan too, but I respectfully have to disagree with you concerning the Glassmen show. I personally think it is a great show, easily the best they have put on the field in several years. I expect to see these two corps within a point of each other most of the year.

Yes they did still play Morning, it is the corps song. And I think they played it last, but don't remember the exact order for sure.

Yeah, as it is the corps song, I had no doubt it would be played. It's just a matter of which piece took precedence. I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

As far as Colts v. Glassmen - will we see a repeat of last year? A dramatic turn of events coming down to less than a point night to night in Indiana? I hope so! I won't lie; that was exciting. Though the Colts were badmouthed online by a few bitter Glassmen, I know that there was a mutual respect for the talent in both corps!

Go Red Team!

from a 68.7 to a 73.1 guess the days of cleaning and changes worked pretty well.

WAY TO GO COLTS!

Yes. Way to go Colts!!! I am just an oldformercoltsmom, who still dearly loves that corp. My son is with a different group now, great people too, but you just can't beat the Colts. Love the Red Team!

• 1 month later...

Colts have a 14th or 15th place show this year. Period. Their show design is no where near being deserving of a top 12 finish. IMO it is as if the show was designed specifically to compete for a semi-finals performance, and I really don't know why they did that. Coming off of a 10th place finish I would think the goal would be to design a top 5 show and run with it. Colts have been in and out of finals more times since 93 than any other corps. For whatever reason they just don't seem to be able to follow a successful year with more progress, more often than not it is 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Colts have a 14th or 15th place show this year. Period. Their show design is no where near being deserving of a top 12 finish. IMO it is as if the show was designed specifically to compete for a semi-finals performance, and I really don't know why they did that. Coming off of a 10th place finish I would think the goal would be to design a top 5 show and run with it. Colts have been in and out of finals more times since 93 than any other corps. For whatever reason they just don't seem to be able to follow a successful year with more progress, more often than not it is 1 step forward 2 steps back.

You also don't know the struggles the corps has had since '93. And I'm not saying that other corps don't have struggles. But with them not having the same staff for more then two years (well that being true for at least the '00s), its hard to keep consistency. But this year has also been a struggle for them, or at least from what I have heard. I don't think their design team would design a show that was made for 14th-15th. There design team is actually to good for that. But no matter what, they put on an entertaining show, and will always be my favorite corps. Go Colts!! And who knows, Colts could make finals. Things can and have happened at the finish line.