The Official 2008 Crossmen Thread

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Here come the unicorns..."

I don't always like his arrangements (though this show is growing on me musically), but he is a trip! Very amusing guy, and very brave to put this stuff out there like this.

I think its awesome to hear this kind of stuff (especially from the music side). Guidry's writing does grow on you and I find myself listening to Xmen more and more.

Great read about the Kansas rehearsal yesterday.

Check out corps website www.crossmen.org and click on Daily Planet X Late Edition

Rehearsal in Andover, KS continues

Contest tonight:

Drums Across Kansas

Cessna Stadium

Wichita State University

Wichita, KS

Show Line Up

Colt Cadets

Troopers

Crossmen

Academy

Glassmen

Cadets

GO CROSSMEN!!!

Can't wait until Allentown myself.

Question for the masses.... what most would you like to see in the corps tour video? Any special features/background stories? Besides lots of shots of your kid :tongue:

Question for the masses.... what most would you like to see in the corps tour video? Any special features/background stories? Besides lots of shots of your kid :unsure:

A few things that have stuck out:

--"Mr Clean", the mascot

--the little girl in virginia who presented them with a jar of money that she had collected

--a lot about the San Antonio show

Question for the masses.... what most would you like to see in the corps tour video? Any special features/background stories? Besides lots of shots of your kid :unsure:

My son played 2001, 2003-2004 (age-out). Lot of good memories, but the one non-show moment for me was in Philadelphia 2001, after the competition. Spirit and Crossmen lined up, alternated in full uniform, around the flag pole behind University of Penn stadium. They played Georgia and Russian Christmas together. The sound between the buildings and stadium was fantastic, powerful beyond description. It was my first exposure to this tradition and it really affected me. Your breath was simply taken away. Everyone within ear shot on the street was at a complete stop (including traffic), standing with mouths open in awe, and cheering uncontrollably when they finished. The placements from that night were completely set aside at that moment. I never have, or never will, experience a feeling like the first time I heard them do this. I know the two corps have done this at DCI East and I plan to be there to watch them again this year. I think both corps (including parents) would enjoy having this on their respective videos every year. It just brings out the brotherhood of these two corps more than words can describe.

That would have had to have been 2001-2002 since that is when DCI East was in Philly, and we didn't start playing Russian Christmas music until 2003.

I remember playing just Georgia in 2002. One of my favorite Crossmen memories ever.

That would have had to have been 2001-2002 since that is when DCI East was in Philly, and we didn't start playing Russian Christmas music until 2003.

I remember playing just Georgia in 2002. One of my favorite Crossmen memories ever.

Thanks for the correction Kyle. You're correct. The Russian Christmas and Georgia happened after they moved DCI East back to Allentown, just across the street behind the new backfield concrete wall, near the buses. Just as impressive, but not quite the acoustics as in Philly.

It sucks to get old.