DCA and Dynasty

Al has a good relationship with DCA and most of the Corps directors and staff, as he was the Percussion Caption Head for a few years in the late 90's. And he is a pretty cool guy!! (even with the cigar!! ) lol

But YAMAHA has come on board with DCA now also and I am sure you will start to see more Corps with YAMAHA equipment over the next few years. And just like Fred said with DYNASTY with supporting DCA, YAMAHA has been a GREAT supporter for DCA-South since 2004 and we appreciate it and now has moved onto helping to support the ENTIRE DCA community.

Great point Vic.

YAMAHA has been a GREAT supporter of the Kilties for many years. Their reps even bought beer for me in Rochester last year. :tongue:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially the marketing departments of these suppliers considered DCI the way to get exposure for their products and get sales in the scholastic marketplace. It is a "tip of the cap" to DCA seeing the suppliers now paying attention to DCA as another marketing/exposure channel. It builds credibility of DCA in the minds of the scholastic buyers. There's also quite a bit to be gained by having those teachers and students who fill the ranks of DCA corps find instruments that they can go back to their own schools and discuss purchasing.

Hey all, I'm more of a DCI guy, but I was watching some DCA lot videos, and I notice that a very large number of DCA Corps use Dynasty drums.

So obviously Dynasty has a big influence in DCA, more so than in DCI.

So is it about the cost or do DCA lines prefer Dynasty for other reasons?

The Buccaneers purchased new Bb brass, battery and pit from Dynasty in 2005. Since then, we have entered into an exclusive contract with Dynasty and are happy to say "it's working out for us"!

Link to press Bucs/Dynasty release

Jerry

Al has a good relationship with DCA and most of the Corps directors and staff, as he was the Percussion Caption Head for a few years in the late 90's. And he is a pretty cool guy!! (even with the cigar!! ) lol

But YAMAHA has come on board with DCA now also and I am sure you will start to see more Corps with YAMAHA equipment over the next few years. And just like Fred said with DYNASTY with supporting DCA, YAMAHA has been a GREAT supporter for DCA-South since 2004 and we appreciate it and now has moved onto helping to support the ENTIRE DCA community.

Yamaha has treated Grenadiers VERY well over the years. I think those red sparkle lacquered drums speak for themselves. I do believe Grenadiers are getting a bunch of new Yamaha pit equipment this week as well.

SoCal Dream has a promotion agreement with Dynasty and got a full line of Dynasty drums this year.

Story Here

Dynasty is a great company. They were willing to work with us when others weren't so willing. I hope Dynasty continues to support DCA through these type of partnerships. While others see the Junior corps as the best avenue, Dynasty realizes that the DCA All-Age corps are viable marketing outlets as well.

SoCal Dream's Drums

Dynasty-004.jpg

LOVE that Purple and Gold!...........

Al Murray is phenomenal with Dynasty and corpsdom. He gets the Big Picture. Al's heck on wheels as a cap head and understands what corps need. Hence, Al is a huge reason why Dynasty is so prevalent. Other companies work quite hard, too, but Dynasty sure deserves this tribute.

Other than calling out my name while I'm on the field, I get along fine with Al :biggrin:

Dynasty and Yamaha are BOTH great sponsors of DCA.

Think about this... maybe they figured out that at DCA, between the staff and marching members there are more band directors per square foot than at DCI. They want to reach out to the decision makers in the huge scholastic market. Seriously, both companies do a great job of supporting both DCI and DCA.

The Buccaneers purchased new Bb brass, battery and pit from Dynasty in 2005. Since then, we have entered into an exclusive contract with Dynasty and are happy to say "it's working out for us"!

Link to press Bucs/Dynasty release

Jerry

not only that, but in 2000, Al came to Bucs rescue. the snares...ugh...Stingray...were collapsing. Stingray as a company was, well worthless, and getting new drums fast was, well, not happening. Al stepped up and got us 7 snares to use for the end of the season, and for that, I'll always be grateful to Al and sing his praises.

Dynasty and Yamaha are BOTH great sponsors of DCA.

Think about this... maybe they figured out that at DCA, between the staff and marching members there are more band directors per square foot than at DCI. They want to reach out to the decision makers in the huge scholastic market. Seriously, both companies do a great job of supporting both DCI and DCA.

Exactly what I was thinking.