Bluecoats Drumline

ugh, let's hope note. the cavalier's drumline, as we know it, has no business even being in the top three or four, much less winning the trophy.

And whyyyyyy not? Don't hate; appreciate... :tongue:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaner than BD was in the lot at finals last year? :tongue:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah wow.

Yeah that Allan Kristensen has no idea what he's talking about.

I think the Bluecoats drum line is at the top of their game. My roommate got ahold of their finals judge tape from last year, and ####. Clean as ####. They have the most meter changes out of all the drum lines I've heard in recent years.

ugh, let's hope note. the cavalier's drumline, as we know it, has no business even being in the top three or four, much less winning the trophy.

Have you seen the clip? In recent years I would agree that they haven't put up much of a fight, but this year it looks like things are going pretty well for them.

Ouch.

But I agree with you for most years. Though since they got Casella and team they have really stepped up their game.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah wow.

Yeah that Allan Kristensen has no idea what he's talking about.

No, that lot video of them finals day was honestly very dirty, for whatever reason. Glad they were better on the field.

i'm actually VERY impressed with the cadets lot video i saw on youtube....it's very traditional cadets, fast and a lot of notes and pretty clean for june. they have also managed to top themselves again with one of the best tenor features ever written.

Given that this is the Cadets, I find it hysterical that one of the tenors is consistently out of step or phasing for at least half of that five minute clip. I am impressed that he is able to do that for as long as he did (as it would just drive me batty). I am also impressed with the double stops that at least one of the snares is adding to the mix. Extra points for creativity. Didn't see either of those things on the Cavies or Bluecoats videos (both of which were amazing).

Given that this is the Cadets, I find it hysterical that one of the tenors is consistently out of step or phasing for at least half of that five minute clip. I am impressed that he is able to do that for as long as he did (as it would just drive me batty). I am also impressed with the double stops that at least one of the snares is adding to the mix. Extra points for creativity. Didn't see either of those things on the Cavies or Bluecoats videos (both of which were amazing).

When I was at the Bluecoats dress rehearsal day, I saw a LOT of guys out of step while they were warming up. Of course with my limited understanding of the stuff they were playing, I couldn't keep in step with them either. :tongue:

can you really tell how clean something is on a Youtbe video?

Sorry, no way. You might as well be listening to them with a tin can and a string tied to one of the tenors.

peace,

Fred O.

It sounds like a good recording on my computer... have you tried clicking "watch in high quality"?