Bluecoats Drumline

i was honestly more impressed by the cavies clip that's up. both lines are sounding great for this time of year though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember 91' Crossmen? That line was smokin as early as their 1st camp.

I remember...... What an awesome line ( and show) that year.....metheny right? but my Fav show is the all original show they did... i'm too old forget the year... close to 92 i think

I remember...... What an awesome line ( and show) that year.....metheny right? but my Fav show is the all original show they did... i'm too old forget the year... close to 92 i think

I don't think they've done an all-original show, although their 1992 show did have two short original pieces.

from that clip i understand this is only the closer. the line sounds great, dont get me wrong but yes, it is a lot of 16th roll stuff, pretty common for the ending stretch of a closer. i have heard that the other movements in the show are much more impressive and that there is a great bass feature that is resemblant of a speed bag for the "boxer"...cant wait to see that.

i'm actually VERY impressed with the cadets lot video i saw on youtube....it's very traditional cadets, fast and a lot of notes and pretty clean for june. they have also managed to top themselves again with one of the best tenor features ever written.

also, can anyone else verify that cavies are truly only marching 7 snares? and scv with 6 tenors?!?

yes for Cavaliers 7 snares and SCV 6 tenors

Honestly, 1 snare is not going to make a difference sound wise. Most lines alternate between 8 and 9 and no one notices any difference there. 7 isn't really much different. It's just... unusual.

All of those players are top notch. They'll put out plenty of sound and may contend for the trophy.

thats pretty awesome...yeah youre absolutely right. they are also sounding great so far and their show is absolutely ridic!

All of those players are top notch. They'll put out plenty of sound and may contend for the trophy.

ugh, let's hope note. the cavalier's drumline, as we know it, has no business even being in the top three or four, much less winning the trophy.