drum corps color guards for 2008

dugg

I've taken a class regarding identifying movement and where it comes from within the body. I still disagree.

I hate having this discussion over and over again and since you are so obviously new to my view of this where

others are well seasoned I am not going to waste much of my time. But I will break it down.

Movement is not dance.

Most guards are trying to do ballet moves which are dance without proper training.

It looks bad and is bad for your body.

Thus the movement is bad.

BD does movement based in ballet, real ballet, and modern.

Its done the right way.,

wow, i dont think i even said the word movement??? i agree ballet is not a smart thing for guards to do from a choreography standpoint, i certainly understand what you are talking about, who is trying to do ballet on the field tho?..certainly not bd, or crown, or scv, or any above mentioned colorguards, but i would have to say the blue devils style is very jazz not so much modern or ballet...at all really. ballet has its roots in all dance from a terminology standpoint. many things come from ballet...merely from its age. it has its roots! but i wouldnt say any guard really tries to do ballet. i would say from a movement standpoint many groups are comparable, from a vocabulary standpoint. groups like crown scv and bd all have comparable dance program, although through a different approach, and style. but when it comes to spinning and dancing together triad blah blah blah... bd def does not stand on their own. IMHO

also... -A dancer.

i dont know how all that ended up in the quote i apologize but dont have time to fix it sorry.

Edited by the lone ranger

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations to the the connecticut hurricanes color guard,they have enjoyed an undefeated guard season culminating with the best guard caption award at DCA.

directed by philip traini and jim zulick who are also the driving force behind cheshire h.s. winter guard.word is they are working hard,excited and eagerly anticipating their return to WGI schoolastic world class competition in 2009! :thumbup:

i'll be watching......and reporting here on color guard planet.com :music:

Edited by dugg

I wish I could have seen Hurcs guard live this year! It was close between them and Bushwackers, which had an amazing guard (from what I saw on video).

congratulations to the the connecticut hurricanes color guard,they have enjoyed an undefeated guard season culminating with the best guard caption award at DCA.

directed by philip traini and jim zulick who are also the driving force behind cheshire h.s. winter guard.word is they are working hard,excited and eagerly anticipating their return to WGI schoolastic world class competition in 2009! :thumbup:

i'll be watching......and reporting here on color guard planet.com :music:

You are so funny..and you know what I mean....lmao

directed by philip traini and jim zulick .

much like bennifer and branjolina i will from now on refer to them simply as ZULANI! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

Hey all,

I actually decided to go to DCA this year (with a couple of my fellow Sonnor people). All I can say is that Bush was without a doubt one of the best guards there. Hurricanes were very good too - but I thought they lacked in difficulty and movement / dance (don't want to start that debate again!)

Brigs' guard stepped it up too - (being a former Brigs I was happy to see that their gaurd program is still top notch). The ballad with the white flags was almost flawless in finals.

Bucs also had a very good guard - they, along with Bush had the most "DCI looking" guards on the field.

I was kinda disappointed with everyone else - just alot of dirt out there and some dubious writing - not a great year for DCA guards in general.

The parties on the other hand :thumbup:

Later,

Mike

Hey all,

I actually decided to go to DCA this year (with a couple of my fellow Sonnor people). All I can say is that Bush was without a doubt one of the best guards there. Hurricanes were very good too - but I thought they lacked in difficulty and movement / dance (don't want to start that debate again!)

Brigs' guard stepped it up too - (being a former Brigs I was happy to see that their gaurd program is still top notch). The ballad with the white flags was almost flawless in finals.

Bucs also had a very good guard - they, along with Bush had the most "DCI looking" guards on the field.

I was kinda disappointed with everyone else - just alot of dirt out there and some dubious writing - not a great year for DCA guards in general.

The parties on the other hand :sad:

Later,

Mike

Right on all accounts...IMO :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Later,

Mike

Thanks Mike and nice seeing you at DCA! Despite our setbacks that weekend, losing two performers and closing the holes in one rehearsal, the guard pulled it out and had a great finals run.

Congrats to the Hurcs!

chris

Thanks Mike and nice seeing you at DCA! Despite our setbacks that weekend, losing two performers and closing the holes in one rehearsal, the guard pulled it out and had a great finals run.

Congrats to the Hurcs!

chris

Hey Chris - I couldn't even believe all the stuff you guys had to put up with that weekend!!!!

Later,

Mike

Did Michelle Kwan quit again this year?? LOL

Hey Chris - I couldn't even believe all the stuff you guys had to put up with that weekend!!!!

Later,

Mike