DCI Live Webast Rituals

Random but related question:

I'd like to hook my laptop up to my 37 inch TV in the living room - how do I go about doing this? what adapter(s) may I need?

Hope someone can help.

If your tv is newer, it may have a VGA connector on the back (should be a blue or black connector with 3 rows of holes. This can connect to your laptop just like an external monitor or projector. (and provide a better picture than any other connection)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know of a way to get the webcast on a PS3? I have a PS3 internet connection already, but I can't watch the Fan Network videos on the PS3 web browser. I'd love to find a way to stream the webcasts on my flat screen TV (although I know the quality probably won't be that great).

Thanks!

Just curious to see if fans who watch the shows from their home have any rituals prior to and during the webcasts.

I make sure that I have a good internet connection, hook up some speakers to the laptop, make sure I have plenty of "drum corps food" on hand (bbq'd hotdogs, pizza, soda, popcorn), turn the ringer on my phone off and get ready to watch drum corps and also chime into the DCP forums with my thoughts!

I'm already altering weekend plans so that I can watch the Madison show. :biggrin:

What's your ritual?

Random but related question:

I'd like to hook my laptop up to my 37 inch TV in the living room - how do I go about doing this? what adapter(s) may I need?

Hope someone can help.

Please ignore the WEBAST from title - not sure why I left the C out :laugh:

The first webcast I watched from home was last seasons San Antonio show. I remember setting my clock to Texas local time so I did not miss a beat. It was pretty cool.....during an intermission...I got in my car and picked up some food. On my drive back to the house it hit me how cool it was that I had a live feed from a drum corps show (Miles away) sitting and waiting for me at home......hard to explain but cool

Like Elendil850 said, if you have a newer TV just run your computer into it through a VGA connection.

I have an older big screen so I use a S-Video cable for the TV. For sound I have an adapter that plugs into the headphone jack on my laptop - that connects to a standard straight-through red and white audio cable to my surround sound receiver. Tested this last night on the fan network and I'm all set.

Does anybody know of a way to get the webcast on a PS3? I have a PS3 internet connection already, but I can't watch the Fan Network videos on the PS3 web browser. I'd love to find a way to stream the webcasts on my flat screen TV (although I know the quality probably won't be that great).

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you have to use Internet Explorer or Firefox with the proper Flash version installed. Can you install flash on a PS3? I have no idea.

Tissues in one hand, beer in the other.

I also run my laptop through the big screen with an S cable and audio cables. After 30 minutes of profanity, I get it up and running perfectly.

Cheers to Saturday in Madison.

Tissues in one hand, beer in the other.

Cheers to Saturday in Madison.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom that needs tissues to watch a web-cast. I cry everytime............and I always feel like such a nerd. :laughing: So, thank you for sharing that you get as emotional as I do. I don't think there is a better feeling in the world than to watch your kid live out their dream.

We will be watching the web-casts on a 62" TV this year. I just purchased a s-video and audio to three RCA cable, so it runs the video and cable all in one. Our laptop also has a 7 pin s-video port so that was a little more difficult to find. I finally did find it through an on-line distributor and it works great - the picture on the TV actually looks a lot better than it does on the monitor. I am not sure if I am allowed to post where I got the cable from on here, so if you want to know where I got it, feel free to PM me.

See you all at the show..............well, not really, but you know what I mean! :angry:

Can the webcast on a 62'' TV be that good? I mean, the little webcast window on my computer looks nice, but when I expand it to full screen it looks all grainy and fuzzy. I would think that it would be a mess on a 62'' TV. Am I doing something wrong?

Can the webcast on a 62'' TV be that good? I mean, the little webcast window on my computer looks nice, but when I expand it to full screen it looks all grainy and fuzzy. I would think that it would be a mess on a 62'' TV. Am I doing something wrong?

I get the same problem. Being technologically incompentent, I have to settle for the little 4x4 screen on my laptop. Just doesn't do justice to the BIG picture if you get my drift. If anyone wants to come over and remedy the situation, I AM competent in Drum Corps Snackage.