Normal tail gate party

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grills are warming up. Pull up a chair, relax, and wait for scores to come in. Is anybody going to be giving play-by-play at the show tonight?

I'm already anxious to find out what goes down tonight. It will be interesting to see what happens between Phantom, Cavies, Crown AND the Bluecoats.

I'm already anxious to find out what goes down tonight. It will be interesting to see what happens between Phantom, Cavies, Crown AND the Bluecoats.

Heck, the whole show from top to bottom is going to be interesting...

What's the weather like.My report says 80% chance of rain.Will they perform inside with a standstill if we have a rainout?

Current forecast says scattered storms, 60% chance of rain. A lot of the storms that we've seen developing over Iowa have dissipated by the time they should have reached central and eastern Illinois as of late, making the radar less useful as a predictor.

Statistically it's rare for DCI to lose an event to weather, so the odds are for the show getting in as scheduled. Course I reserve the right to retract that sentiment if the Rain Gods decide to have a larf at Normal's expense..

Edited by mobrien

What's the weather like.My report says 80% chance of rain.Will they perform inside with a standstill if we have a rainout?

Shhhh..... don't even say the "R" word! I'm headed down to Normal in a few hours and I'm praying to the weather God's now.

Foreacast for Normal as of right now (10:13 am CDT):

Rest Of Today

Occasional showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Tonight

Showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Statistically it's rare for DCI to lose an event to weather, so the odds are for the show getting in as scheduled.

You mean like what happened back in '04 or '05 when there were a TON of rainouts in June?

Course I reserve the right to retract that sentiment if the Rain Gods decide to have a larf at Normal's expense..

Hush- I marched the '03 show when a tornado came through.

I'll be departing for Normal in about an hour. Can't guarantee any live play-by-play, but I'll have my laptop along and I'll try to post a report sometime after the show. I'll be driving to a hotel in Danville so it'll be a little while.