Boston's Show Question

Hey all,

so I downloaded a couple of ADP's today (makes the time go faster at the gym) and I can't stop listening to Boston's show - there's something really cool and retro about the whole thing (if that makes any sense).

So here's my question - I know the show is called "Neocosmos" - but what's the theme or thinking behind the show? I went to their website - but they only list the pieces played under "production"

Plus are they really playing Monndance? I haven't heard it anywhere in there.

Later,

Mike

You and me both buddy. I have no idea who their brass arranger is or who's on their design team but those people should be knighted. The "whoosh" is just about the coolest thing since sliced bread. Anyone know how they make that sound?

And dare I say that Boston's "space chords" are infinitely better than any space chords ever done by the blue Devils?

There's a FieldPass about it....I don't have the link, but it was only a few weeks ago. I think what they said they were going with it was a concept of the future as seen in the 1920's...so kind of that "World's Fair World of Tomorrow" kind of thing. It sounded really cool.

And the entire middle section, the Matrix fight scene, is absolutely incredible! I hope they put in a few more Matrix chords to reprise their show later in the season. This is turning into one of my favorites for the season!

it was a concept of the future as seen in the 1920's...so kind of that "World's Fair World of Tomorrow" kind of thing. It sounded really cool.

Well that would certainly explain why I get such a retro feel from the music!

Later,

Mike

And dare I say that Boston's "space chords" are infinitely better than any space chords ever done by the blue Devils?

they are not space chords...they are actually "Matrix" chords :thumbup:

:44 is where it happens

Edited by RAPTORScout

Hey all,

so I downloaded a couple of ADP's today (makes the time go faster at the gym) and I can't stop listening to Boston's show - there's something really cool and retro about the whole thing (if that makes any sense).

So here's my question - I know the show is called "Neocosmos" - but what's the theme or thinking behind the show? I went to their website - but they only list the pieces played under "production"

Plus are they really playing Monndance? I haven't heard it anywhere in there.

Later,

Mike

Here's the link to the Field Pass episode explaining the show concept.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7...46-7df17c57dbc5

Moondance is "buried" in their ballad, as part of the August Rhapsody arrangement. If you've seen the movie August Rush, its a similar arrangement to the kid's concert in Central Park. If you're looking for a jazzed-up Van Morrison version, you'll miss it.

they are not space chords...they are actually "Matrix" chords :thumbup:

:44 is where it happens

Holy crap - I just realized that that was Blessed Sac's show a couple of years ago at WGI (Experiment 25).

Later,

Mike

"Moondance" is the ballad after Kingfisher's Catchfire. it begins at about the 5:15 mark in the web-cast replay. It is a very slow arrangement. I don' think you would necessarily recognize it but once you know what to look for you do.