Best on-field murder in Phantom's show?

217 members have voted

1. 1. Best Phantom murder?

• 1st guard dude (murdered by other guard dude; sword)
    • 2nd guard chick (murdered by drum major; knife)
    • 3rd guard dude (murdered by hornline; horns)

Personally I have to go with the 2nd one, performed by drum major with knife. This is a very satisfying murder to me due to the rareness of a drum major actually being center-field on the 50. And while killing an innocent young girl, to boot! Then throwing her lifeless body to the ground, stepping over it and walking with great "vibe" back to the podium. Hands down winner!

Although hornline murder was a consideration due to the fact that said victim's body remains lifeless on the field for the rest of the show, and is even incorporated into the final colorguard block. Just while the rest of the guard is doing flag work, that dude is on the 50 lying there dead. Very epic, and a close 2nd.

Edited by I play the baritone good

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Ya, the second is my favorite too -- if only because of how beautifully the entire ballad leads up to it. And the ballad doesn't even try to resolve itself afterward -- it's fa la la, solo ballad, heart drill / horn hit, murder, then hardcore revolt.

It's insanely dramatic -- in a good way.

i thought the second one was genius. it hit me by surprise. maybe next time he'll be wearing white (that is to say they'll go to black with is a long shot but i can have dreams).

I think the third victim is actually a guy - Spartacus himself, in fact.

Fixed!

I love it that there is a poll of which is a better fake murder. That is teh awesome.

That's what I'm saying! Forget narration and electronics -- GIVE ME MORE SENSELESS VIOLENCE. I mean I can't be the only one who used to dream about a Phantom DM slitting a guard girl's throat! :tongue:

after careful calculation... I determined it was Col. Mustard, in the Library, with a Mellophone.

:tongue:

Just a little joke... heh!

I'm out of the loop so I can't vote, but I do have a question. How late in the show is the murder where the victim has to lie there? Did the individual get a tour fee discount? What instrument? I'm always curious about the "one off" marchers that seem to get a special feature of some kind, and if there is a good story behind it. ie victem joined late and didn't learn the whole drill, so she got to be murdered, or the rookies drew straws for the honor.

edit: My bad, I thought "hornline murder" in the OP meant a horn player was victim. All three victims are guard according to poll.....sorry.

Edited by jonnyboy

Has to be the girl killed by the Drum Major ... It was sooooo cold blooded.