Funniest moments / bad ideas in a show

Before '03, Mon, Tues, Wed used to be Div II/III championships and Thurs, Fri, Sat was for Div I and the top 5 from Div II/III championships could perform in the Div I Q'finals. Many times Div II/III corps would become top-21 Q'finalists (93 Crown, 92 S'wind, 93 Norhern Aurora, 99 patriots, 00 SCVC, etc.).

OH ok. Man... That means Magic was pretty good that year then, because they placed 11th in Division I finals.

Edited by cmathis

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The BD Tenor player falling at Finals in 04 at the end of the show was funny and impressive cause he got right back up.

The BD Tenor player falling at Finals in 04 at the end of the show was funny and impressive cause he got right back up.

Oh yeah! I had forgotten about that... That was an awesome recovery.

Well...it was just a matter of time when this thing surfaced again.

I will add to this. After we reach the end of the "Christmas" presentation, we needed to get out of the elf outfits. Everything was Velcro'd together along the edge for "EASY Removal". HA!!!! We wore our regular uniform underneath them. So of course we couldn't just take them off behind a curtain, we need to sing a small rap song before we ripped them off and also danced a bit. "Sigh"!!!!

Some came off and some didn't. In the beginning of the season some people actually had them trailing behind them because they couldn't get them off in time.

Thanks for the memories!!! LOL

I'd like to add Freelancers '85 unis, then. :tongue:

While that was pretty tasteless, nothing can possible top this on the list of all time worst marching music ideas...

Paris High School's marching band had an ambitious idea for a half-time show. "Visions of World War Two" presented flags and music from each of the warring nations. For Germany, the Texas school's band played "Deutschland uber Alles" while the color guard waved a Nazi flag. The show wasn't quite the hit the band expected.

It didn't help that it was presented at the start of Rosh Hashanah.

James

:tongue:

Carry On My Wayward Son playing over the loudspeaker during the ballad of our performance in 02. It became an unofficial corps song afterwards

Funniest: 1988 Velvet Knights - the bull urinating on the matador, or the kitchen sink that got thrown out from the giant top hat (and bikini clad girl) onto the field at the end of the show

Bad idea: 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard - wearing plaster of paris masks on your face in high humidity. The mask doesn't completely come back "off" of your face

OTOH...one band I saw back around 90 did a "Tribute to Glasnost"...had a huge prop of the facade of a Russian Orthodix Church with an opening for the band to funnel through. Sadly, the director apparantly forgot to tell the band members where to go AFTER they came through the doorway; they all just sort of piled up, pushing and shoving each other to get through the door and mill around afterwards. :tongue:

Maybe he was combining it with a tribute to the victims of the 1979 Who concert stampede in Cincinnati.

There was a WKRP episode about that too... :tongue:

I've got 2.

I think the first was 03. My first year at Indy Magic was performing, and their bass five player fell over... It was like a turtle on its back... He had to take the drum off while laying on the ground and then get up and pick up and put on the drum. It was a pretty good recovery, but very funny to watch.

Worst ideas: Stupid postcards from Colts 2005... Stupid postcards...