Funniest moments / bad ideas in a show

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is worse than a bad band show? Having to see them perform it at every home football game.

:lol: Gosh, I hadn't thought of that...I only had to watch it once...can you imagine seeing that at EVERY halftime!

Homecoming announcement...

"To honor our graduates, both recent and from long ago....the XXX MB presents their 2005 show...'A Tribute to the Kennedy Assasination!' Let's give the band a nice round of applause!".

After the show...

"OK, it's time to select the Homecoming King and Queen. When I call out your names, please stand on top of the casket."

:thumbdown:

I loved Bayonne in 76 when they came out for the first time. Imagine if there had been a DCP back then...the threads would rival the complaints about the Cadets of today. :thumbdown:

You got that right Mike just from people coming up to us after shows the comments were from Wow you guys are great to thats not drum corps.

I've got 2.

I think the first was 03. My first year at Indy Magic was performing, and their bass five player fell over... It was like a turtle on its back... He had to take the drum off while laying on the ground and then get up and pick up and put on the drum. It was a pretty good recovery, but very funny to watch.

Worst ideas: Stupid postcards from Colts 2005... Stupid postcards...

You'll never believe where those postcards ended up....

at my wedding, as a suprise by my now-husband!

Our names are Mary Elizabeth and Edward...I commented all season about how awesome they were and that it was sad when they disappeared - suprise suprise, they were hanging up at our ceremony location come the following February- sweetest thing EVER.

We still have them in our basement - trying to think of what to do with them now :)

So in some cases, the worst ideas find their way to being really awesome ideas :)

Oh yeah! I had forgotten about that... That was an awesome recovery.

That was actually kinda funny. I mean, they're going out in train like fashion and then you see him just roll out and pop back in.

Bad ideas?

Thinking that we (the Spirit staff) could design and sew our own uniforms in 88 and 89.

They were okay designs I guess, but the material used...well, let's just say if you were in the upper deck of any stadium you could tell the sex of the members of the corps proper from the way their uniform fit their bodies.

Another bad idea from that same era...thinking that Spirit could successfully pull off a space themed show. (And I'm as guilty as anyone for that as I was one of the two people that said that Interstellar Suite would make a great drum corps show. I still think it would...just not Spirit!)