What's with all the homeless people on the 50 yard lines at shows?

'Course you are talking about percussion guys, so it's a sliding scale as to what constitutes "looking good" to begin with .... :tongue:

That's pretty funny. I am amazed how many people are actually against having some sort of dress code to be on the field with performers in uniform. I never expected this many posts. Possibly, this could be the theme for a 2009 Cadets show with a bum walking around the field and by the end he is clean shaven and well dressed running the amp!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, really. What is with the sound tech's all these corps have on the 50 yard line dressed like bums or homeless people? Not to be a prude or a complete arse, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least be clean cut with a decent set of slacks/shoes on for the performance? Has anyone else noticed this?

They dress pretty much like the rest of the staff......casual (Or as I call it....sloppy)

If I operated a drum corps.....my staff would be provided casual pants and short sleeve button shirts to wear. Another words....they would look professional. I realize in many cases we are dealing with an artistic and eccentric group of folks...but sloppiness is not good. During practice....they could wear whatever they want....show time....different story...

Theater tech folks always dress in black ... That might not be a bad standard for the sound folks.

I don't know whether corps are having an easy or hard time attracting talent for this task, but asking them to do their job in 95 degree heat, 60% humidity while sitting in standard black on asrto turf at the Royals stadium in Kansas City, doesn't sound like a great selling feature. I could be wrong???? :thumbdown:

I don't know whether corps are having an easy or hard time attracting talent for this task, but asking them to do their job in 95 degree heat, 60% humidity while sitting in standard black on asrto turf at the Royals stadium in Kansas City, doesn't sound like a great selling feature. I could be wrong???? :thumbdown:

Zing!

What 28 total posts and you degrade homeless people. Smart. Very smart.

Just say you don't like amplification and move on. No need for rude comments on the plights of the homeless...many of home are mentally troubled or deficient and the facilities to help shelter and work with them are closing right and left.

But, you keep up the arse-like comments....that will make things better.

So at 500 posts he can degrade homeless people all he wants? FAIL

What 28 total posts and you degrade homeless people. Smart. Very smart.

Just say you don't like amplification and move on. No need for rude comments on the plights of the homeless...many of home are mentally troubled or deficient and the facilities to help shelter and work with them are closing right and left.

But, you keep up the arse-like comments....that will make things better.

Were you being serious? I'm not sure if he was trying to be an "arse," so to speak. As for my opinion... it doesn't bother me either.