What's with all the homeless people on the 50 yard lines at shows?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo, I know

I gigantic hide-a-key rock :thumbdown:

No, really. What is with the sound tech's all these corps have on the 50 yard line dressed like bums or homeless people? Not to be a prude or a complete arse, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least be clean cut with a decent set of slacks/shoes on for the performance? Has anyone else noticed this?

maybe there's folks with a "Will do your sound for food" signs collecting outside of stadiums around America.

Well, it could happen, right?

Interesting side bar:

A certain popular company is currently in the test phases for developing a "wireless" device for it's sound boards. Therefor, a staff member could sit in the stands right in front of the press box with a remote control and wirelessly change sound board settings. The staff member blends in with the crowd, the sound is as good as possible, and no one really notices. Problem solved!

All this bickering about who wears what and who plays what...get a freakin life and enjoy the show. Drink a beer and enjoy the activity and stop worrying about what the guy with the torn shorts does. Who gives a ####?...I'm sure he'd rather be doing that job than working for a micro manager who screams all day and likes to play big boss.

I'd rather be doing his job than dealing with my boss anyday. Don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes. You have no idea where someone comes from.

Interesting side bar:

A certain popular company is currently in the test phases for developing a "wireless" device for it's sound boards. Therefor, a staff member could sit in the stands right in front of the press box with a remote control and wirelessly change sound board settings. The staff member blends in with the crowd, the sound is as good as possible, and no one really notices. Problem solved!

Until someone else smells an opportunity for sabatoge, that is! That innocent looking teenager sitting next to you isn't texting on their phone, they're Effing with your corp's sound board.

This scenario will lead to a vast legion of secret police and counter spies in the stands with no one really sure whom they can trust.

Some will say that this increased fan participation is a good thing.

The others will be summarily executed by a certain Phantom drum major.

Welcome to the era of electronic counter-intelligence in Drum Corps!

Edited by troon8

Don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes. You have no idea where someone comes from.

Since when is asking someone to look presentable "judging" him?

"Don't judge me for wearing these flip flops and ragged wife beater on the field. You don't know where I come from. I've had a hard week, and it's hot out here! And my parents never gave me the love I needed."

\

:thumbdown:

Sheesh.

'Course you are talking about percussion guys, so it's a sliding scale as to what constitutes "looking good" to begin with .... :thumbdown:

Of course, Liam...I dressed like a homeless dude when I marched and now live a very professional and demanding life today. Observations sound better in the head than they do on paper. Thank God my wife married me for who I am inside and not because of my once hot old-mullet pics...."business in the front and party in the back."

Since when is asking someone to look presentable "judging" him?

"Don't judge me for wearing these flip flops and ragged wife beater on the field. You don't know where I come from. I've had a hard week, and it's hot out here! And my parents never gave me the love I needed."

\

:thumbdown:

Sheesh.

So is your last sentence a hint of your life???

uhhhh...ok..."hey, you look like #### here at this drum corps show as you set up sound gear....please leave and come back with a clean polo shirt because we are an organization that promotes cleanliness..."

Please make sure that you go through the parking lot and ask the kids with corps jackets on to put their cigarettes out while in their corps jacket....

Edited by jsualumnus