DCI quietly working on Plan C?

Because of the problems in Bloomington, there are several folks hinting that DCI might be quietly planning a move to Louisville if Bloomington isn't going to be ready.

On one hand, this would make sense since DCI already has a relationship with Louisville, but on the other it would really be a financial boondoggle.

Mind you, while DCI isn't saying anything publically, yet, it is something that several folks "in the know" seem to be leaking out...

Thoughts from the DCP universe?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they gotta do what they gotta do. I'd view them in a worse light if they weren't at least having discussions about a "plan C" given the situation in Bloomington and everything else that's happened this year, luck-wise. Even if they're super-confident that everything will be fine in Bloomington, it's the responsible, professional thing to do to have a back-up plan "just in case."

It would hurt attendance and revenue if they had to switch again for sure, but not as much as if they had to cancel due to issues out of their control backed up by no contigency planning.

Because of the problems in Bloomington, there are several folks hinting that DCI might be quietly planning a move to Louisville if Bloomington isn't going to be ready.

On one hand, this would make sense since DCI already has a relationship with Louisville, but on the other it would really be a financial boondoggle.

Mind you, while DCI isn't saying anything publically, yet, it is something that several folks "in the know" seem to be leaking out...

Thoughts from the DCP universe?

It would be perfect for me.

Even less driving distance to the show.

=]

I'm not familiar with the region and distances, but how far is Louisville from Indy or Bloomington? If it could somehow be worked out, I think DCI might be better off trying to stay in Indiana as opposed to going out of state.

Regardless, it's definitely in their best interests at this point to have a Plan C.

I'm not familiar with the region and distances, but how far is Louisville from Indy or Bloomington? If it could somehow be worked out, I think DCI might be better off trying to stay in Indiana as opposed to going out of state.

Regardless, it's definitely in their best interests at this point to have a Plan C.

A little over 100 miles from Bloomington, 115 miles from Indy.

Thanks

Just put in a call to book a back up hotel in Louisville then, it worked well for me with Bloomington and cancellation policies are very generous Hmmm…that might be a flight now instead of a drive, guessing many of the folks in the area might feel the same or even back out - good bye chicago day trippers - now if I book a flight, I'll need a car - Yep, this could get expensive quickly

I’m still stuck with an extra 5-pack pair of tickets because they bailed on Indy, my Indy cousins just aren’t that interested and were going to rotate the shows – if I can break even on selling those tickets (doubtful) –I’d be a happy cow

Anyone know if they’ll refund tickets due to the move to Bloomington?

This move would create an extra hour of drive time from the Indy airport according to Google Maps.

But... the rooms cost substantially less!