DCI quietly working on Plan C?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have an idea when the final word will be made? I can still find a place to crash in Louisville if I can get some notice

Because of the problems in Bloomington, there are several folks hinting that DCI might be quietly planning a move to Louisville if Bloomington isn't going to be ready.

On one hand, this would make sense since DCI already has a relationship with Louisville, but on the other it would really be a financial boondoggle.

Mind you, while DCI isn't saying anything publically, yet, it is something that several folks "in the know" seem to be leaking out...

Thoughts from the DCP universe?

Honestly - if the DCI staff weren't looking for another backup site I'd be disappointed. It's only common sense to have another backup.

I feel bad for DCI in this situation. None of these stadium issues are their fault. But, I do know that at this point thousands of people have booked hotels, flights, purchased tickets, etc. With it being July, they need to find out exact details about the Bloomington stadium. At what point is it too late to move it again? If they move it too late, many people who have booked planes and hotels, will not be able to change their reservations. Louisville is not that close to Bloomington or especially Indanapolis. They were already using shuttles from Indy to Bloominton. Would they have shuttles from Bloominton too. Indy to Lousiville would be a pretty long shuttle ride to and from. Half your day would be gone. So much for a vacation and sight seeing if you spend half the day on shuttles.

I hope DCI will give us an update on the situation and keep us informed as we get closer to the event.

A little over 100 miles from Bloomington, 115 miles from Indy.

Seems like Louisville may be a little closer to Bloomington than that.........85 miles maybe. As compared to Indy, it's about what you say........but only because the Louisville stadium is on the south end of the city.......downtown Louisville is about 110 miles from Indy. Straight shot down I-65.

If finals had to go to Louisville, it would make for a pretty easy trip for me........get it to less than 7 hours driving.

Before we get too excited about cancelled hotel rooms and tickets:

I would bet DCI finds a way to provide shuttle service from Bloomington to Louisville to solve the transportation problem. 115 miles on the highway with door to door service means the fans don't have to park and walk (actually saves time) or pay for parking (saves some dough).

And I would also bet (given the benefit of the DCI experience in Maryland) that DCI has insured the event and has the necessary legals in place re: the "hosts" and their responsibilities to provide a venue as contracted.

PapaJohn's stadium is an awesome venue (if that's where it is) and cross-ticketing could be solved by either redeeming a Bloomington seat for a comparable reserved seat OR making the Quarters and Semi's a hybrid "General Reserved" where your ticket between the 40's in Bloomington is good for a seat between the 35's in Louisville...first come, first served.

Outside the 35's is honored as GA.

Voila!

All we need is some REAL support from the community and a willingness to help, instead of the (expected) criticism or demands for refunds or rebates. If there was a flood, we'd help our neighbors pack sand bags in waist high water, right? Let's put up with this inconvenience (if we have to) in the spirit of support for all involved.

if dci wants to "salvage" this whole thing and make this years finals work and make some not annoyed fans. the sooner the better if this "plan c" is going into effect!

I would bet DCI finds a way to provide shuttle service from Bloomington to Louisville to solve the transportation problem. 115 miles on the highway with door to door service means the fans don't have to park and walk (actually saves time) or pay for parking (saves some dough).

I am sure they would provide a shuttle from Bloomington/indy to Lousiville. But, here is my issue. I want to do more with my trip than just watch dci. I planned to see some sights, relax, watch some rehearsals, eat at some local resteraunts, etc., etc., etc.

If I spend half my day on shuttles to and from Indy/Bloominton to Lousivilles, all of those additional activities are elimnated due to time. Indy to Louisville would be around 2 hours or so. So, at least 5 hours of my day will be spend on shuttles. That would totally change my thinking about whether or not I want to spend money for a flight and hotel for a trip like this.

Is this whole thing real or not? DCI needs to step up and at least announce there might be a problem with Bloomington. :ph34r: