DCI quietly working on Plan C?

Since when was Bloomington not ready? Wasnt the turf already put down? What else is keeping Bloomington from being Finals ready?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind you, while DCI isn't saying anything publically, yet, it is something that several folks "in the know" seem to be leaking out...

Thoughts from the DCP universe?

My thoughts are that I would like to know who these people "in the know" are first. That does take all the fun out of it though, I know… :ph34r:

all i care about is that I make it back to indy for my plane flight sunday morning.

I am assuming that there is an airport in Louisville. I have never had to transfer airplane flights between airports, does anyone know how much it might cost me?

I feel bad for DCI in this situation. None of these stadium issues are their fault.

Wrong, the move out of Indy is their fault, they knowingly took a risk when they booked it for this year – the risk that the stadium might not be done – who knows, there could be a clause in the contact where they make money of this, get a free future rental or whatever compensation – that doubtfully will passed on to the inconvenienced fans

Before we get too excited about cancelled hotel rooms and tickets:

I would bet DCI finds a way to provide shuttle service from Bloomington to Louisville to solve the transportation problem. All we need is some REAL support from the community and a willingness to help, instead of the (expected) criticism or demands for refunds or rebates.

I’m not staying 115 miles away from a venue for a multi day event – I would not stay in Indy for shows in Louisville. I’d cancel then entire thing and not go before I endured that commute – even the commute to Bloomington was questionable, thank goodness I have a hotel room there already

Sorry you don’t think my questioning of a refund for $598 in tickets that I can’t use because they moved the venue and I don’t want the hassle or the loss in re-selling them is not REAL support

I also think your comparing this to a flood is a bit dodgy

Really, DCI is about a month away, if it’s in Louisville, I’d prefer to fly in and to not get gouge on air line tickets I need at least a 3 weeks heads up for advanced purchase – so I’d like an answer by next week.

Lets look at this…

I now have 3 hotel reservations; one in Indy, one in Bloomington and another in Louisville. I have an extra set of 5 tickets that I can’t use and now I’ll be pricing out flights and a rental car. Bloomington is not really an attractive option as a city to visit for several days, I was bored there after a few hours. It’s even a worse destination than Indy or Louisville.

I don't mean to be a cranky cow but come on, look at the cost and the hassle I'm going through - and many don’t have the flexibility or the finances to work around this little mess that DCI created

so what's in it for me now, what is DCI going to do to make good on this snfu?

Yeah, that’s right; pass more divisive rules changes that further alienate some fans while they are experiencing massive external pressure on their existing resources and from the economy – but of course, it won’t be their fault

Really, if DCI was a business, they’d be out of business by now – its that poorly run

As a consumer – I’d expect better and I’ve just about had my fill of their idiocy, sometimes I wonder if it’s a stave the beast plot

Edited by cowtown

Anyone know if the air service to Bloomington, Louisville or Indy is getting hit with the crap storm driven by the fuel prices? I know Harrisburg (aka MDT) is a small market but lately every few days we're getting hit with loss of flights to certain places or possible loss of small carriers.

Wonder how flakey getting flights/connections might be in the next month plus.....

A lot of people plan their vacations around finals. We have made plans that have nothing to do with drum corps (yes there really is a world outside of drum corps) around being in Indianapolis. I can handle the hour to Bloomington but 2 hours each way to Louisville is a bit much. Given start time for some events would require being on the bus at 6:00 am and not getting back until after 1:00 am.

Also there is not much within walking distance of PJCS so what do you do between open and world class shows? sit around the parking lot?

I realize that this is all based on unsubstantiated rumors and nothing may ever come of it. But if finals gets moved again I would have to think about if it is truly worth it considering all the factors. I understand supporting DCI and the corps but sometimes enough is enough.

Honestly - if the DCI staff weren't looking for another backup site I'd be disappointed. It's only common sense to have another backup.

I agree. I'm sure everyone hopes they will be able to use Bloomington, but if they can't, Louisville would be better than using Allentown the week before (a rumor I had heard at one point).

Book a hotel room in every major city within 100 miles of Bloomington, that is what I say!

I wouldn't worry too much, at this point. Anything can happen. I have heard two different stories from two different corps' road crew and staff, that rumors are flying regarding Madison and Champaign as being Plan C.

If it turns out that a plan C is really necessary, I vote for stadium SEATS for my big keister, please. Bleachers are for the young of a**.

I think it is safe to say that a city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, 2 PGA Championships an annual fireworks show that draws a few hundred thousand and is about to host the Ryder Cup can handle DCI finals.

I hope it is in Louisville as I think the fans would have an easy time with accomodations, more things to do in your free time and easier access. I do believe the stadium is a little smaller with total capacity in the 45,000 seat range if I am not mistaken.

Lastly, I will say at the show the other night I would not consider it very highly attended as you could still get seats on the 50 in prime spots 30 minutes before showtime.