Its coming down to BD vs. Cavies

Visual performance is a category that Regiment used to do quite well in. If they clean up this show, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that they can take the Devs in that category (or overall).

Their forms are usually always really clean, but their transitions are pretty darn dirty... It's been that way for years.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their forms are usually always really clean, but their transitions are pretty darn dirty... It's been that way for years.

Yes. That is why I used the word, er, "used." They certainly haven't done as well lately, but...it's a brand new year, and anything is possible.

They started out 2.6 behind Devils in 2006. That was a long way to go, and they managed it...and frankly, much as I like Blue Devils' show this year, I thought 2006 was a better show.

It isn't impossible....just a tough road at the moment, because I will be the first to admit that Devs are really very good this year. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

I think even the most hardcore Devil supporter would have to admit that there is a difference between the Bluecoats tagging Blue Devils for a win in brass, and Regiment tagging the Devils for a win in visual performance, no?

Visual performance is a category that Regiment used to do quite well in. If they clean up this show, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that they can take the Devs in that category (or overall).

Hyperbole aside, that is.

While Phantom use to be one of the mosters in this caption, its been a while since the Regiment was the paradigm for this though, as long ago as when BD was NOT one of the corps pushing the visual Execution and Ensemble breakdowns, respectfully. It makes for things to talk about with Tony Hall when you get burnt out on running the color copier at least...

all 2656434061_9086a509d1.jpgaside of course :thumbup:

Yes. That is why I used the word, er, "used." They certainly haven't done as well lately, but...it's a brand new year, and anything is possible.

They started out 2.6 behind Devils in 2006. That was a long way to go, and they managed it...and frankly, much as I like Blue Devils' show this year, I thought 2006 was a better show.

It isn't impossible....just a tough road at the moment, because I will be the first to admit that Devs are really very good this year. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

From the one vid on the fan network, I think Phantom is the cleanest this early in the season they have been in a very long time.

if cavies win with "Samurai" I quit @ life. Seriously green team, enough with the gimmicks. March and play simultaneously, not march AND THEN play.

My money is on BD....ppleeaassee lord, if its not cadets let it be BD. pplleeaasssseeee

From the one vid on the fan network, I think Phantom is the cleanest this early in the season they have been in a very long time.

Surprisingly so. It's quite refreshing.

Can't wait to see what they add to the show.

Even if it finishes 8th place, I am a fan of what they put out on the field this year...outstanding job, guys.

I think you've got a 5 corps race, with BD and Cavies wielding the talent and design to win, but a perfect PR , a really clean SCV or a reduced-narration version of Cadets could still make a play for the ring.

I think the corps with the Top-3 shot are (in alphabetical order) :

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

The others that will make up the top-6 are (in alphabetical order):

Cadets

Crown

SCV

It's looking like BD or Cavaliers are the obvious choices for 1 and 2 but don't count out PR. PR is the dark horse.

SCV is in control of their placement but their show might not be cleanable like 2002 and 2003. If SCV has a real strong cleaning program they could take the 1st spot or at least jump into top-3.

I love Crown but don't think they'll take top-3 this year. Maybe 4th above SCV and Cadets.

I think it is possible that Cadets could take 6th or 5th. That indicates what a competitive year it is. Cadets are amazing but there are other corps that are better this year.

I think even the most hardcore Devil supporter would have to admit that there is a difference between the Bluecoats tagging Blue Devils for a win in brass, and Regiment tagging the Devils for a win in visual performance, no?

Hyperbole aside, that is.

Isn't that what happened in 06? Or were there other factors that were the reason(s) Phantom beat BD for 2nd?

1. BD...86.200 (7/9)

2. Cadets...84.950 (7/10)

3. Cavies...84.750 (7/7)

4. Phantom...84.250 (7/9)

Disagree

if cavies win with "Samurai" I quit @ life. Seriously green team, enough with the gimmicks. March and play simultaneously, not march AND THEN play.

My money is on BD....ppleeaassee lord, if its not cadets let it be BD. pplleeaasssseeee

:thumbup:

Speaking of GIMMICKS... does narration ring a bell for you? Hmmm???