Its coming down to BD vs. Cavies

wow dci finals is between blue devils and cavies what a shock i know i'm surprised how about you

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what it looks like from my angle...

1st and 2nd: Battle between BD and Cavies

3rd: Big battle between PR, Cadets, SCV, Crown and I guess Coats

8th: Boston

9th-12th: Battle between BLUE STARS, Glass, Colts, Sprit, Crossmen, PC, Madison

Agree or dissagree????

Certainly a lot can change over the month we have left in the season, and no doubt several positions will. I think you're pretty close to how things are right now, though, and that's how I'll choose to approach your post

IMO, I think we've got a couple distinct tiers at this very moment.

Tier 1 would be Blue Devils and Cavaliers, clearly. The last two unbeaten corps.

Tier 2 would be the battle for third, between Vanguard, Phantom, and the Cadets. I think any of these corps could possibly move up to 2nd with a strong finish, like Phantom in '06, but I don't think any of them will take the gold.

Tier 3 would be Crown, Bluecoats and Boston. Those three are pretty clearly set in those slots, I think. Boston might catch Bloo, but I think Crown is pretty firmly in sixth - a strong finish might see them in fifth.

Tier 4 would be the guys firmly in for finals. I'd put Blue Stars, Glassmen, Blue Knights and Colts in here.

Spirit's a corps that might have a shot, but I think an improved Blue Stars just means there's no place for them this year. PC put up big numbers out west, but with nothing to compare those numbers to, I don't have a spot to put them right now. Madison's getting better, but right now better for them means being solidly in semis. For sure they won't be finishing ahead of BK, whom you left off your list.

Here is what it looks like from my angle...

1st and 2nd: Battle between BD and Cavies

3rd: Big battle between PR, Cadets, SCV, Crown and I guess Coats

8th: Boston

9th-12th: Battle between BLUE STARS, Glass, Colts, Sprit, Crossmen, PC, Madison

Agree or dissagree????

If worlds were tomorrow... maybe, but man so much can change in just a matter of a week. I remember in 04 we lost to the Cadets by about .05 (who ended up 4th) until we put on our new ending and then we fought it out with bd the rest of the season... so honestly, until SA you can't really say for sure and even then if it's really tight things can still change.

I think the top twelve is starting to take shape and I am unsure if there will be any drama in August in regards to who makes finals. In my opinion, it will be:

Cavaliers and Blue Devils fighting for first

PR in at third, but a darkhorse for the top spot

SCV alone in fourth

Cadets and Crown fighting for fifth

Bluecoats in seventh

I think there will be a fight for places eight through eleven between Boston, Glassmen, Blue Stars and Blue Knights

I see the Colts in the final Saturday night spot, but I do not think they will receive much pressure from any corps behind them Friday night.

i don't think phantom is out of the top 3. i think bd will win, but bd or cavies could peak early (though cavvies look the most likely to do so). phantom could easily jump one of them into 2nd, though i doubt they will jump both. i don't think the cadets have a chance, thats a weak, weak hornline. i know weak hornlines with fracked notes and poor intonation have won before (see 92-95) but it isn't likely. i think it's more likely that cadets drop to 7th than they rise to 1st. they will probably end up fighting crown for 4th, though.

Phantom has a big time shot this year. They have beaten the Devs in many captions already. A corps beating the Devs in Visual Performance is something I don't see happen all too often.
Bluecoats beating Blue Devils doesn't happen all that often. And look how that turned out.

It was a fluke.