San Antonio

Between the shows, many head out of the stadium...into the heat.

Prior to the evening show, the concourse is open for you to purchase souvies, and cool down from walking outside, before settling into your seat for the evening contest.

Make sure you bring a jacket/sweater/sweatshirt or plan on purchasing one, the AC in the Alamodome is set on high.

Great venue for a contest...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mi Tierra across town is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, too. Did Piedra Negra de los Noches last year--good stuff! Better with more than 3 people!

Hey, I take offense to that. Fick and I are great dinner company :thumbup: ...sorry you're not going to be able to make it. I may have up to 3 extra tickets if you change your mind late in the game. They're pretty primo this year.

My wife and I were in SA last week for vacation. Walking around downtown and on the Riverwalk is pretty safe. To feed the kids, I'd do the mall fod court. There's also a Chili's and a Hooter's in there. My suggestion would be to walk little further and eat at Casa Rio. That was my fav for the week. Pay th 10 bucks to get the mariachi serenade also.

Don't forget extra clothes. That one mile walk will be in 100 plus heat, and last year it stormed pretty heavy. Actually skip the extra clothes and buy new ones from your favorite corps.

Bring a sweater!! That Alamodome is always FREEZING!!!!

As an OLD band director I feel it my duty to tell you NOT to feed a bus load of kids Mexican Food............if you get the drift.

As an OLD band director I feel it my duty to tell you NOT to feed a bus load of kids Mexican Food............if you get the drift.

haha thanks, that's very good advice, why didn't I think of that. LOL

maybe we'll do the Riverwalk if the general consensus thinks its safe to do so. We live in Louisiana so we're used to heat, I don't think that'll be an issue since no members of the colorguard are going I shouldn't have to much complaining about the heat. haha

haha thanks, that's very good advice, why didn't I think of that. LOL

maybe we'll do the Riverwalk if the general consensus thinks its safe to do so. We live in Louisiana so we're used to heat, I don't think that'll be an issue since no members of the colorguard are going I shouldn't have to much complaining about the heat. haha

It is fairly safe -- but I would recommend that you require the band to stay together in groups!!! Expecially at night!

It is fairly safe -- but I would recommend that you require the band to stay together in groups!!! Expecially at night!

yeah they have their groups pretty much made out already.......it'll just be in the day time between the 2 shows.

Doesn't look like I'll be at the Dome this year...see signature...kind of busy. But I highly recommend and concur with the previous poster regarding local refreshments available. And if you have a friend who can pick you up (let the kids wander!), you can go enjoy a few...er, one or two. Then there's always Riverwalk. But I kind of imagine that place as going ballistic as soon as the show lets out. Mi Tierra across town is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, too. Did Piedra Negra de los Noches last year--good stuff! Better with more than 3 people! And if you take 50 kids (school buses=sardines) that's $1 per kid per show parking! Nice to get away for a couple hours.

My absolute favorite san antonio tex mex place. Screw the river walk, give me a converted pizza hut!